ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Analytical Development team is working hard to bring life-changing therapies to patients! This role in the Method Development and Qualification group is focused on development and qualification of cell-based potency and bioassay test methods. You will coordinate and enable critical laboratory activities by proactively addressing reagent and equipment needs, assisting in designing and executing key development experiments, and preparing necessary technical documents. We are looking for motivated candidates to work collaboratively and take initiative to drive important projects, with the ultimate goal to deliver therapies that transform the lives of patients. Come fly with us!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Senior Associate Scientist bird reporting to Scientist II, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Designing and coordinating execution of bioassay development activities to support the implementation of robust and controlled methods in a Quality Control setting
- Coordinating lab activities, data interpretation, and training of junior Associate Scientists (as necessary)
- Authoring and reviewing technical documents, including technical reports and regulatory documents
- Documenting, managing, evaluating, and maintaining data in a highly organized manner
- Effectively collaborating cross-functionally to develop study designs and obtain critical test materials and reagents
- Representing the Method Development and Qualification group in a variety of cross-functional forums to provide feedback on scientific strategy, prioritize group activities, and evaluate timelines for activities
- Designing new experiments, coordinating and executing laboratory experiments, and the ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you have:
- MS/6+ years of industry experience with degree emphasis in Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology
- Expertise with qPCR, ELISA, and FACS and executing cell-based assays
- Cell culture, T cell, primary and established cell line experience
- Experience as primary author of technical documents, including protocols and reports
- Experience with lentivirus or other viruses
- Prior work in GLP/GMP compliant environment
- Training in statistics and/or with statistical software packages
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.