ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
Our Oncology Research team is composed of intelligent, collaborative and driven individuals who are motivated to develop and deliver innovative cellular immunotherapies to our patients. The Cambridge nest is currently seeking a Senior Associate Scientist to support pre-clinical efforts in the early product concept space. This individual will support efforts to integrate multiple technologies into sophisticated product concepts with transformative potential. We are looking for an inquisitive teammate who shares our drive to solve hard problems by bringing excellent technical experience and excitement to learn new things. If you are interested in contributing to bluebird’s life-changing science, come join us!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As an Oncology Research bird, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Engineering T cells with CARs or TCRs using viral vectors or other gene editing approaches
- Maintaining tumor and primary cell cultures using aseptic technique
- Performing in vitro immunological assays including but not limited to flow cytometry, ELISA/MSD, real time PCR and cytotoxicity analysis
- Driving assay optimization to support functional T cell characterization across multiple early research programs
- Effectively collaborating cross-site and cross-functionally to develop and execute study designs and obtain test materials and reagents
- Analyzing, compiling and presenting data to functional teams
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you have:
- BS/MS in cell biology, cancer biology, immunology or related discipline with 3+ years’ experience
- Expertise with mammalian cell culture, such as tumor cell lines – primary T cell experience is a plus but not required
- Significant experience with standard immunological assays (flow cytometry, MSD/Luminex, cytotox)
- Competency in molecular biology techniques, including basic molecular cloning (Gibson assembly), western blot, and cell line engineering
- Working knowledge of relevant software platforms (e.g. FlowJo, GraphPad Prism, FACSDiva, Geneious)
- Ability to work in a team environment spread across different geographical locations, meet deadlines, and prioritize and balance work from multiple sources
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.