ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Lab Information Systems flock is seeking a highly motivated and self-driven informatics analyst to join our Laboratory Information Systems IT team. In this role, you will serve as a key IT liaison for the bluebird R&D and QC functions. You will serve as a strategic thinker who partners closely with business leadership to understand the data and analytics challenges and needs of bluebird. You will deliver and support innovative processes and solutions to the R&D and QC functions while following proper SDLC and Change Management policies and procedures. You will support the enterprise LIMS and ELN environment(s), as well as other laboratory execution and scientific data mgmt. applications. This role will assist in developing and executing on the Laboratory Information Systems portfolio roadmap. You will work with the Laboratory Information Systems function lead in providing a demand governance and support model to prioritize and deliver end-to-end solutions across various business functions
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Lab Systems bird reporting to our Director, Lab Information Systems, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Developing, Delivering, and Driving the processes and systems to provide exceptional tiered support for our Laboratory Information Systems solutions and in turn support the strategic growth of bluebird bio
- Partnering with the Research, Development, and QC teams this person will elicit and understand their business processes and in turn translate them into requirements to drive forward and maximize the effectiveness of the lab informatics environment
- Defining and managing standard operating procedures to support our computer system and GxP audit requirements including developing and providing auditor requested documents
- Making recommendations, implement, and support laboratory informatics solutions that will enable the organization to achieve its business goals
- Serving as subject matter expert and mentor for laboratory informatics projects within the organization
- Developing user requirements and vendor/software selection criteria for enterprise software and technology solutions
- Managing internal and external resources assisting with the implementation, support and maintenance of laboratory instrument (data acquisition) systems
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences or IT related discipline
- 8-10+ years of experience in bio/pharma industry
- 5+ years of experience leading and supporting lab informatics activities
- Experience supporting GxP compliant laboratories and informatics solutions/systems a must
- Experience managing and supporting wet lab activities (analytical instrumentation and software) a must
- Experience with LIMS and ELN strongly preferred
- Experience with the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Change Management philosophies strongly preferred
- Experience with the Sapio Exemplar (LIMS/ELN) platform a plus
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills, allowing you to work collaboratively and cross functionally across business and technology teams.
- Excited by ambiguous environments and embracing of change! No two days are the same at bluebird, but everything we do helps the lives of our patients.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.