ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Lab Information Systems flock is responsible for providing services to the lab computing environment which demands uninterrupted service across the R&D and QC laboratories. These services and projects vary from building specialized computing platforms, implementing new technologies, coordinating and configuring lab systems to meet scientific workflows and hands on troubleshooting at the lab bench. This person will also be responsible to ensuring, and supporting, the regulatory compliance of the Quality Control laboratory, from managing system access, audit trails, and periodic reviews.
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As a Lab IT Engineer bird reporting to the Manager of Lab IT Engineering, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Providing operational support for R&D and QC laboratory IT systems including performance of periodic reviews, user account management, disaster recovery exercises, deviation investigations and audit trail review
- Maintaining the regulatory compliant state of GxP laboratory IT systems in a quality management system including SOPs, Configuration Specifications, Change Controls
- Supporting analytical instrument validation activities including the development functional and design requirements and execution of test scripts
- Supporting the onboarding of compute related to analytical instrumentation
- Creating, tracking and closing service tickets while delivering an excellent customer service experience with professionalism and confidence
- Leading troubleshooting investigations with help from engineering staff and vendor support
- Partnering with the IT Information Security, End User Services, and Operations team to mitigate external/internal threats to computer systems and ensure data integrity
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- 2+ years experience computer hardware, application, and networking support
- 2+ years of prior experience operating in a GxP environment in the bio/pharma industry
- Demonstrate knowledge with industry standards and regulations (GAMP 5, 21 CFR Part 11, Annex 11)
- Possess experience with ITSM methodologies and IT Ticket tracking systems strongly preferred
- Possess experience with ServiceNow a plus
- Have exceptional troubleshooting skills and experience supporting specialized software and hardware
- Have experience supporting/troubleshooting laboratory systems such as bioreactors, flow cytometers, qPCRs highly desirable
- Are independently motivated and detail orientated
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills, allowing you to work collaboratively and cross functionally across business and technology teams
- Are excited by ambiguous environments and embracing of change! No two days are the same at bluebird, but everything we do helps the lives of our patients
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.