ABOUT THE NEST
At bluebird, only two things matter - patients and our people. When you join the nest, you're not just landing a new gig, you become a part of a flock that's soaring to new heights. We’re 1100+ doers, thinkers and collaborators across the globe with a strong sense of our values and our purpose. Our innovation and sustainability are rooted in the diversity of our teams and results are achieved through cooperation and the incorporation of multiple points of view. This is personal and we approach every challenge with radical care. The time is now to rise up and recode the science, the systems, and the status quo.
ABOUT THE FLOCK
The Global Information Technology & Informatics flock is all about delivering technology solutions and services that enable scientific innovation and advanced patient care for our people, our partners, and our patients. Whether it’s making sure our flock remains compliant with internal and external requirements and process, supporting the commercialization of our therapies across the globe, or developing frameworks and programs to identify, manage and mitigate risk, we are driven by our commons goals and shared mission to serve first, build trust and operate as ONE Team while providing secure, compliant solutions to our birds. Come work with a innovative, forward looking group of birds that loves rising to the challenge much as we do to advance fellow birds, listen to challenges and help guide our flock as we collectively grow driving ingenuity, creativity and professional development!
HOW YOU’LL FLY
As an IT Data Privacy bird reporting the Director of IT Compliance, you'll help to bring more patients their bluebird days by:
- Leading risk reviews, data privacy assessments and risk remediation projects.
- Driving bluebird compliance with the ever-changing global landscape of data privacy regulations and requirements, such as GDPR and CCPA.
- Helping to uncover potential security risks within the IT architecture and system interactions related to data privacy and security.
- Working with IT, Legal, Compliance, and Risk teams at bluebird to accomplish global IT Data compliance.
- Successfully manage and grow bluebird bio’s Privacy by Design procedures, workflows, and overall roadmap.
- Other Information Security and Enterprise Risk related tasks as needed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
You’re the bird we’re looking for if you:
- Have at least 4 years of experience in IT data privacy management in a commercial company with exposure to global data privacy regulations, as well as a minimum of a Bachelor degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- Are experienced in IT architecture and data management such as retention and archival
- Are familiar with regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, Sunshine Act, SOX, HIPAA, etc.
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills, allowing you to work collaboratively and cross functionally across business and technology teams.
- Excited by ambiguous environments and embracing of change! No two days are the same at bluebird, but everything we do helps the lives of our patients.
All our birds embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, b yourself.
bluebird bio is deeply committed to fostering an environment where diversity and inclusion are not only valued, but prioritized. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. Diverse viewpoints bring diverse capabilities which strengthen our focus and fuel our growth.
bluebird is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.