BloomReach brings businesses the first open and intelligent Digital Experience Platform (DXP), designed to build customer experience ecosystems which accelerate the path to conversion, increase revenue, and grow customer loyalty. We are a growing company - with offices in Mountain View, Bangalore, New York, Dallas, London and Amsterdam.
With our global network of Certified Partners, we serve a growing number of enterprise customers, such as Neiman Marcus, Bell Aliant, Staples, 1&1 Internet, Williams-Sonoma, Provinzial, Wayfair, REI, the University of Maryland and FC Bayern München. BloomReach is backed by investment firms Bain Capital Ventures, Battery Ventures, NEA, Salesforce Ventures and Lightspeed Ventures.
Our Bangalore team is a critical product development and innovation hub for the company, with many of the company’s key products and technology initiatives created and developed by the Bangalore team. BloomReach Commerce Search and Categories, which adapt your content to make it personal and relevant for individual users, was built entirely by the Bangalore team. Bloomreach Cloud Operations team is seeking qualified engineering manager applicants to join our Cloud Operations Group. Like traditional operations groups, we keep important, revenue-critical systems up and running. Unlike traditional operations groups, we also fix, extend, and scale the code to keep it working and harden it. We hire people from both systems and software backgrounds. Join the team that will be responsible for ensuring that Bloomreach’s externally customer facing services meet the required reliability, availability and performance expectations while constantly focusing on driving improvements
What You’ll Do
We believe passion and personality matter; as such, we need leaders that can manage diverse, smart, and driven engineers while balancing day to day people management with moving the business forward both technically and culturally.
Your Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to
As an Engineering Manager in our Cloud Operations Group, you will lead a team of engineers who are working to keep Bloomreach services available and reliable.
- Own and drive your team of engineers engaging in Incident Management, Root Cause Analysis, Change Management and project/ programs to improve key performance metrics.
- Possess the technical experience and hands-on technical skills to partner with team members and be comfortable diving into the fray as needed.
- Mentor, grow, and empower your team by giving them the skills, confidence and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to their personal and professional success, and enable them to become technical leaders.
- Help the individuals on your team to build and execute personal development plans that align with Bloomreach’s goals and objectives, and understand how their work fits into the bigger picture.
- Scale the team up by sourcing and hiring talented operational focused engineers both externally and internally.
- Analyze and identify opportunities for continuous improvement and partner with engineering to constantly improve services
Who You Are
- You have 8+ years of software support, reliability, or operations engineering experience in a highly customer-focused environment.
- You have 2-3 years experience successfully managing a team of 3-5 engineers on large-scale projects that included technical deep-dives and production troubleshooting in the areas of: distributed systems, code, networking, storage, and operating systems.
- You possess strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate teams.
- You will bring a strong perspective and collaborative partnership that drives change, and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex operational or reliability challenges.
- You have experience formulating a team's technical strategy and roadmap, and you've collaborated, partnered and influenced product engineering teams.
- You can provide a strong technical vision for systems and infrastructure teams.
- You are capable of leading a discussion with upper management, and are able to tailor the level of technical detail to suit your audience.
- B’Tech. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in one or more of C, C++, Java, Go or Python.
- Experience in AWS/GCP, monitoring tools, big data platforms like Hadoop/Spark, databases Mysql/Cassandra/Redis
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python.
If this is you , we would love to talk.