- Are you torn between the excitement of start-ups and the stability of corporate life?
- Are you curious, and do you want to keep learning whilst getting real business building experience?
- Do you want to be an integral part of a thriving business disrupting the market it operates in?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking to hire high energy, motivated and curious talent to join the Venture Building Services team in the UK! The role would be working across multiple functions, and supporting Blenheim Chalcot’s portfolio of businesses.
You will have a unique opportunity to be part of our growing team, offering the energy and excitement of start-up life, the intellectual challenge and variety of consulting and the influence and opportunities of a large business. Blenheim Chalcot has businesses with offices across the globe in London, Tampa, Cape Town and Mumbai to name a few, offering a diverse and multicultural landscape for all employees to learn and grow within.
The Pioneer Programme
This role is part of the BC Pioneer Programme; a portfolio-wide community and learning & development programme built exclusively for the future leaders of our ventures and scale-ups.
When embarking on a Pioneer role within our portfolio, you will be exposed to an environment unlike any other and will have the opportunity have a tangible impact on a business going through a continuously evolving period of growth. Alongside your role, you will undertake an 18-month Red Team L&D programme, giving you access to learning materials, training and experts to help you to set up your own career adventure.
The concept of ‘career adventuring’ is founded on developing your skills and providing you with the necessary tools, coupled with your own personal resilience and attitude to work. This approach is at the heart of the Pioneer programme vision, and both your venture and the Red Team are committed to working with you to help you excel.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in consulting, strategy or business operations
- Minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (in any discipline)
- Extremely organised and able to project manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- A passion for technology and disruption, with experience in or ambitions to build your own venture in the future
- Emotional intelligence and be compassionate and supportive in nature
- Give evidence of the ability to be a self-starter and be able to adapt to multiple roles in a variety of high-pace environments
- A passion for building your network and capacity to work well with colleagues and stakeholders at C-suite and executive levels
A bit about Blenheim Chalcot and our portfolio:
Blenheim Chalcot is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We build tech businesses that disrupt and transform sectors. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and our infrastructure.
Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries covering FinTech, EdTech, GovTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. You may have heard of some of our growing businesses such as Modulr, ClearScore, Hive Learning, Avado and the Rajasthan Royals.
Our portfolio represents sales of over £400 million, £1.5bn of assets under management, more than 3,000 employees and a successful track record of over 40 companies. We currently have a portfolio of 19 companies varying in stage from seed to venture to growth.
Impact beyond profit:
Building profitable digital businesses isn’t our sole focus. We are also involved in a range of charitable activities – with colleagues engaged in mental health initiatives, the education of girls in the developing world, building 21st-century youth facilities in deprived areas, and supporting charities with the use of digital technologies.
Please visit https://www.blenheimchalcot.com/charities for more information.
Our culture across the portfolio is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Duties and responsibilities:
- Be an employee of our Venture Builder Services and identify and map out key internal and external business processes, identifying problem areas and provide effective solutions
- Support internal transformation initiatives, managing timelines and stakeholders, to implement new technologies and create value across the business
- Create and design sustainable operating models for the business and clients, deliver solutions & services working with a range of teams, including sales, marketing, operations and finance
- Identify, establish and build strong internal partnerships and revenue-generating external partnerships, while rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever is required to achieve the goals
- Take part in a variety of informal learning and networking events, which brings groups of people working in the same field together across our ventures, charities and other external organisations
- Additional learning and development programmes, managed and run by our edtech businesses within the portfolio for which all employees are eligible
- Contribute to the development of a new business unit in one of our ventures, including:
- Proposition development
- Partnership identification
- Go-To-Market strategy
- Thought leadership
- Technology implementation
We have a rigorous recruitment process which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best and diverse talent.
This will involve an initial telephone conversation, followed by a panel interview and a case study where you will meet with the senior management team and Co-Founder over 2 stages. We aspire for every person invited into an interview to find the process as interesting and engaging as we no doubt will.
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are keen to maximise the diversity of our workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone