Cape Town, South Africa
Blenheim Chalcot is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and infrastructure. Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries being disrupted by digital including FinTech, EdTech, GovTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. We are highly entrepreneurial and seek opportunities where digital technologies can disrupt major markets - ventures we have built range from ClearScore to Agilisys and AVADO to even the Rajasthan Royals cricket team.
Our 19 companies have each been conceived and launched by us and now have total sales of over £500 million and more than 3,000 employees. Our assets under management stands at greater than £1.5bn.
We are heading into a period of ambitious scaling at Blenheim Chalcot and across our businesses, in existing and new geographies. As a result, we need an ambitious Senior Recruitment Executive to join one of the BC education ventures, Avado, who are one of the UK’s leading providers of apprenticeships and professional qualifications.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
IMPACT BEYOND PROFIT:
15% of our partnerships and ventures are charities. These are the British Asian Trust, Babyzone and OnSide. In the same way that we support our ventures, our Partners provide direct hands on support to the charities through sitting on the boards and much more.
- Honesty and integrity – trustworthy
- Resilience - keeps going when the going gets tough, remains optimistic in the face of challenges, open to feedback and willingness to change and experiment
- Team work – is collaborative and supportive, elevating and developing others to deliver results,
- Innovation - restless to improve, challenges how to make things better
- Deliver results - keeps promises, drives to achieve, commitment to high quality work
- People awareness – collaborative and supportive, respectful
- Commercial awareness - looks for best value solutions for the business, understand costs / revenues, spends money wisely
At Blenheim Chalcot we are excited to announce that we’re expanding our Talent & Networks team within VBS by hiring a Recruitment Executive. The role will report into Blenheim Chalcot’s Talent Manager and will be instrumental in leading the attraction, selection and placement process of talent across within VBS and on a project basis across the Blenheim Chalcot portfolio. This will include a range of roles in different sectors at varying levels of seniority.
The successful applicant will get deeply involved with managing recruitment processes for ventures in the Blenheim Chalcot portfolio. The role is designed to be an integral part of Blenheim Chalcot’s central function with progression opportunities within the team and/or our portfolio companies.
- Help run the recruitment function of Blenheim Chalcot, managing the end to end recruitment processes across the portfolio.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and hiring managers, ensuring best-in-class recruitment processes are adhered to.
- Produce regular reports on progress and placements for senior management team.
- Lead on all of the recruitment process, including conducting interviews, liaising with key stakeholders, and updating people systems.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset to continuously improve the processes and activities.
It is essential that you’re confident and comfortable with doing the following:
- be able to transition between different projects with the ability to deliver results quickly,
- continuously develop innovative methods to attract top talent,
- be on point for all elements of the hiring process,
- work in a highly entrepreneurial environment, focusing on execution and ensuring plans come to fruition; and, consistently build strong relationships quickly with stakeholders centrally within the business and Blenheim Chalcot team.
The ideal candidate will have a track-record in delivering results ideally in a fast-moving business and hence be comfortable with change and uncertainty. You must have a can-do attitude, ability to manage multiple tasks and superb interpersonal skills.
The Ideal Candidate
- An ambitious and driven individual with 3 years’ work experience in a recruitment role.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using recruitment systems such as LinkedIn Recruiter and Greenhouse (or equivalent) is preferred.
- You're a problem solver – you take ownership and won’t settle until the problem is resolved.
- You’re resilient and love to use any learnings to improve a process next time round.
- You thrive from working in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable with ambiguity.
- You’re willing to get stuck in – we’re a small team so you’ll be happy get involved in projects outside of your job description.
- You’re collaborative by nature, looking to work with & elevate those around you.
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
We have a rigorous recruitment process, which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent. Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.