Recruitment & Talent Manager
About Hive Learning
Hive Learning is the peer learning platform that helps companies create big behavioural shifts across their workforce quickly and at scale. Our peer learning programmes and networks help companies build skills in areas like inclusion, mental health, and leadership.
We’ve just had our biggest ever year of growth and created tonnes of impact we’re really proud of for customers like Legal & General, Boots, Barclays, Bentley, Virgin Money, The Olympics and the mental health charity Shout. Our ambitious growth plans are also reflected in significant team growth plans across different teams and geographies.
Part of the Blenheim Chalcot group of venture builders and founded by Sir Clive Woodward, we’re a B2B SaaS business in scaling mode and we’re looking for a Recruitment & Talent Manager to help ensure we attract, retain and develop exceptional talent and help our people be the best they can be.
About the role
This is a new role and we have created it because amazing people are at the heart of our business and a key driver of our growth.
We’re looking for a people-focused Recruitment & Talent manager to join a growth-minded, ambitious and supportive operations team. Reporting to our Operations Director, you’ll be responsible for developing and delivering our recruitment and people & culture strategies, helping us create an environment that enables people to do their best work.
This can be a full time role, or part-time for someone more experienced. So if you’re experienced yet looking for some flexibility, this may be just for you. In this role, you will:
- Establish a central recruitment function, leading all aspects of recruitment activities across the business in both the UK and the US
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop strong, purpose-led, inclusive and innovative employer branding
- Run and champion all people related matters, both in the UK and across international territories
- Lead strategy and initiatives to champion diversity and inclusion via equitable talent practices
- Build on our culture of continuous learning and personal development by partnering with team leaders and employees to find the right development and progression opportunities for individuals, including leading training sessions using our Work Out templates and BC materials
- Coordinate and lead on company-wide initiatives, as well as run performance management and personal development processes
- Ensure that working practices and office environment support the business values and empower employees to do their best work every day
- Host company all-hands days and facilitate team workshops
- Champion workplace culture, helping our teams with thought leadership on building a great culture
IMPORTANT: We hire based on aptitude, not experience; if you have some experience in any of the above areas but want to learn more about others, don’t let that put you off applying.
- You’re a self-starter with a can-do attitude, with a strong track record of working in a fast-paced high growth environment
- You’re a true people person, passionate about making new connections and helping people grow and develop
- You’re resilient and love to use any learnings to improve next time round
- You’re an infinite learner who is curious - you’re always seeking a better way
- You’re a clear communicator with the ability to see things from many perspectives
- You thrive in an autonomous environment, you’re proactive and happy to get stuck in
- You love collaboration, accept feedback readily and seek out others’ viewpoints
- You’re looking for a role with room to grow, adapt and flex to your unique areas of expertise
Currently, all roles are remote. But when it’s safe to do so, we hope that you’ll be able to work from our London office in White City likely once per week (or potentially more if you prefer). Note that we will only consider applicants who are UK-based and have the right to work in the UK.
What we can offer you
- You’ll be our first HR hire, in a company moving from start-up to scale-up - it will be an adventure and there’s lots of opportunities to grow with the business
- Opportunities to pick up projects to try other roles and responsibilities in a teamwork-focused and encouraging environment designed to help you be your best self
- Be part of a forward-thinking, super-bright and energetic team with a passion for learning and making a difference
- Continuous opportunities to learn; take part in frequent development events and expert sessions hosted at Blenheim Chalcot, plus connect and be mentored by some of the incredible people that work here in the 30+ other start-ups / scale-ups we share a building with
- Quarterly company-wide hackathon and learning days
- Fun activities, nights out and social events
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave (prorated)
- Your birthday off
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Up to £800 flexible benefits package – you pick a combination from a list including medical insurance, dental cover, gym membership and much more.
A quick note on how we hire
Our products are striving to create a more equitable world. And for that reason, we take diversity and inclusion seriously in our hiring processes too.
We’re committed to building a team that represents a whole host of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.
And if this job speaks to you but you're not sure you have the "right" experience, we'd love you to apply anyway and tell us why you'd be great for this role in your cover letter.
If we can help with any special accommodations for your application or interviews, just let us know.