Job Title: Managing Editor
Location: Remote First
Reporting to: Deputy Managing Director, Product & Strategy
We are looking for a managing editor to work with our fantastic editorial team to help grow, develop and lead the team to produce excellent editorial content. The ideal candidate will be an experienced managing editor with management experience, have a hands on approach, is down to earth and has a passion to work with a range of individuals.
Act as editorial lead for independent content, ensuring self and team achieves key performance indicators and objectives set. Joint responsibility for all brand growth and audience engagement, ensuring effective collaboration with internal teams and external stakeholders. Managing internal and external stakeholders to ensure output as agreed and high performance of both people and products.
- Set content agenda and KPIs in collaboration with Content Management Director
- Set and monitor strategy and KPIs for independent content, reporting weekly on KPIs and performance
- Devise content plan and calendar for all brands, in collaboration with Content Management Director, seeking cross-team buy-in and understanding of sales & marketing objectives
- Work with head of curated content to ensure commercially driven output (webinars, case studies, podcasts) and influencer-created commentary is of as high a standard as our independent material
- Ensure internal and external content teams work together to produce relevant, timely and engaging content (i.e. deputy editors, reporters/writers)
- Maintain awareness of market trends and identify opportunities for the business.
- Develop competitor and market awareness to feed into strategy
- Advise Division leader on potential site developments and any issues that require fixes in a timely and professional manner. Openly suggest ideas for further innovations with the key aim being to drive audience engagement
- Consult with the product development team to help support new products
- Work with the commercial team to accelerate growth of the media business; working closely with the commercial team to help formulate editorial pitches to clients, commissioning and overseeing editorially-led products (whitepaper/sponsored reports, infographics, native series, rankings and surveys)
- Control and work to assigned internal and external budgets
- Content creation and production, ensuring compliance with best practice
- Use primary research to inform and drive the content strategy, with an unwavering focus on the needs of our tier-1 audience for each brand
- Ensure all content (whether produced in-house or externally, editorial or commercial) is edited to house style and to a high degree of quality prior to publication
- Liaise with customer success to deliver high standard editorial commercial content (surveys, reports, articles etc)
- Determine a minimum content output for each media brand and set clear weekly objectives for each member of the editorial team
- Overall responsibility for dissemination of content via variety of media
- Ensure timely, relevant and high quality newsletters are sent to audience
- Look for opportunities to improve shareability of content to grow audience engagement and collaborate with marketing team on content amplification planning as part of your content planning process
- Internal and external communication and relationships
- Work with customer success and commercial content teams to optimise sponsored content (independent) and ensure baseline performance targets are met, liaising externally with external writers, advisors, readers and sponsors.
- Commission and edit articles internally and externally, ensuring our copy is of the highest standard
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience heading an editorial team within the B2B marketplace
- Ability to create and drive content initiatives
- Knowledge or interest in financial, marketing and HR markets an advantage
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success;
- Be comfortable in a fluid, progressive and dynamic, change orientated environment, and able to deploy:
- a proactive and confident approach;
- excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Dynamic, insightful and influential with the ability to operate at strategic and operational levels.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Contentive see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- 25 days of paid holidays (plus a Birthday Day and an additional day off around Christmas)
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary.
- Pension Scheme
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
Your career is in your hands. We expect you to take ownership of your own career development and of course, we are here to support and guide you. Our career pathway is designed to clearly highlight the different avenues you may wish to take during your career with Contentive. We encourage you to have open and honest conversations about how you are performing in your role and ask for feedback. We adopt the growth mindset principle to development.
“Success is not an accident; success is a choice.” – Stephen Curry.
Contentive is reinventing B2B media and events. Staying up to date in a fast-changing industry is a major challenge for professional executives. We develop smart ways to curate and create content that cuts through the noise and captures the attention of busy execs to help them succeed in their roles. In turn, we offer suppliers that want to influence these communities, a cost-effective, reliable, scalable source of qualified leads. We aim to become a long term, retained partner with leading suppliers in each of our markets.
Our range of highly focused promotional solutions can help companies successfully capture their market, increasing brand awareness, delivering quality leads and ultimately providing a great return on their marketing investment.
We pride ourselves on the highly reputable brands we have in Contentive, these are split across four areas; Digital Marketing, FinTech, HR and Financial Services.
We are a technology led business, constantly innovating to improve the experience we offer our audiences. Our proprietary technology stack combines marketing automation and a customer data platform, allowing us to continuously monitor the topic and format preferences of our audiences. This enables us to personalise their experience – online or at an event – driving higher engagement rates and providing us with unrivalled intelligence and insight about each community’s behaviours and preferences.