We plan to deliver our largest conservation awareness and fundraising campaign to date: CoExistence. The campaign will feature a 100 strong herd of life-sized elephant sculptures migrating from the jungles of India, where they have been created, to the Royal Parks in London. Alongside this campaign the flagship event that we are renowned for, The Animal Ball, will take place in July 2021.
Working to support the wider CoExistence exhibition team, you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and security of people and exhibition artworks by putting together a plan to ensure a highly visible security presence, carrying out foot or vehicle patrols, controlling people’s access at points of entry, securing equipment and people, responding to emergency situations, and helping to identify and prevent unwanted activity.
Ideally, you will have a valid security industry license or accepted certificate of security competence and should be available to be an on-ground support at the Royal Parks for the duration of the time that the exhibition is live in London.
Job title Security & Stewarding Manager (CoExistence)
Reporting to Senior Events Logistics Manager (CoExistence)
Direct reports N.A
Salary £180 a day
Hours 37.5 (Contract role until 6 Aug 2021)
Location Home working currently.
Office working (London) with travel inside and outside of London
Manage the security and stewardship for the CoExistence Exhibition and pre-exhibition events
- Define and implement the security and stewardship plan for pre-exhibition and exhibition events.
- Responsible for ensuring the safety and security of people and exhibition artworks by providing and overseeing a highly visible security presence, carrying out foot or vehicle patrols, controlling people’s access at points of entry, securing equipment and people, responding to emergency situations and helping to identify and prevent anti-social activity.
- Bringing on security & stewarding partners and defining movement plans.
- Carrying out pre and post event safety checks ensuring compliance with safe working procedures
- Monitoring crowd movements and behaviour to identify potential issues or incidents and to act as necessary
- Reporting any security incidents or concerns and dealing with emergency situations
Skills and experience
- Experience of managing complex logistics and operations for major events/activities, particularly regarding security and stewardship.
- Excellent project management experience and skills
- Experience of managing suppliers and partners
- A valid security industry licence or accepted certificate of security competence
- Excellent understanding of the events industry
Deadline: We would aim to close the process asap and request an immediate start thereafter.
Please note that all interviews will be virtually held on Zoom or Microsoft Teams.