- Are you looking to move from a FinTech or a traditional lending or financial services environment into the more entrepreneurial venture investment world, but not sure how to make this leap?
- Are you interested in learning about venture and private equity investment, driving portfolio growth strategies and M&A processes?
- Are you keen to interact daily with key Blenheim Chalcot founders and the boards of our portfolio companies?
If the answer is yes, then this role could well be for you…
We are looking for an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial individual to join the Investment Team to support on portfolio monitoring, venture analysis and investment management. The role offers a unique opportunity to be part of the Blenheim Chalcot core team, which helps build and grow some of the most dynamic digital businesses in the UK and internationally. This role will be part of the wider Blenheim Chalcot Pioneer programme developed to create the future leaders of our tech ventures and scale ups. The programme will give the successful Associate the opportunity to develop and grow their entrepreneurial toolkit and set them up for longer-term success within our wider group.
The successful applicant will get deeply involved with reviewing the growth and funding strategies for ventures that range from incubation-stage concepts to private equity-stage global businesses. The role is designed to be an integral part of Blenheim Chalcot’s central function with progression opportunities within the team and/or our portfolio companies.
The BC Investments Team
The Investments Team is responsible for defining and executing the investment strategy of Blenheim Chalcot, working to provide Portfolio Companies with the financial support and investment services they need to thrive. The team is responsible for monitoring and analysing the portfolio (existing and potential ventures), fundraising, M&A support, investment governance, marketplace engagement and investor relations – as well as incubating our next generation of ventures.
Portfolio Monitoring & Strategy:
- Be part of the core investment analysis team working closely with Blenheim Chalcot founders to assess our ventures’ performance
- Monthly monitoring meetings with portfolio CEOs / CFOs
- Tracking and interpreting KPIs and helping make strategic recommendations
- Producing our in-depth Quarterly Portfolio Review analysis covering individual company performance, investment committee papers and overall portfolio valuation / IRR
- Being a key support analyst on transactions – venture capital fund raises or M&A / exit processes
- Helping project manage execution of investment into companies with BC Legal, Tax and Compliance teams
Investor Relations Support:
- Producing bi-annual reports for our growing base of High Net Worth and Family Office investors
- Supporting engagement with new venture capital and private equity companies
You will have:
- Excel modelling skills, with prior experience in modelling combined financial statements and asset/entity level transactions
- Data-driven, numerical mindset with strong attention to detail and the ability to identify trends and anomalies
- Excellent organisational skills, proactivity, and willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Interest in developing further technical and financial skills, and a desire to grow within the role
- University degree
- Minimum of 4-year professional experience in an analytical or data driven role preferably from a FinTech or lending background
- Highly computer literate with demonstrable knowledge of MS Office applications
- Strong Excel modelling and PowerPoint skills are essential
- Experience with databases or CRM platforms are essential
What we can offer
- A fast-paced and exciting role in the central team within the UK’s largest venture builder
- Ownership and responsibility to make things happen and make a real difference, in a diverse and innovative organisation
- A variety of training courses in soft and technical skills
- Professional finance support (e.g. CFA)
- A friendly, start-up environment with fast-moving, entrepreneurial team culture
- Ability to grow long-term within Blenheim Chalcot – with opportunities into portfolio companies
- Permanent, full time role starting as soon as possible
- Competitive salary between £50k and £65k (depending on experience)
- Annual bonus of up to 25% of gross salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance, learning allowance, cycle to work scheme, free fruit and many office perks and activities
We have a rigorous recruitment process, which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent.
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
Blenheim Chalcot is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and infrastructure. Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries being disrupted by digital including FinTech, EdTech, GovTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. We are highly entrepreneurial and seek opportunities where digital technologies can disrupt major markets - ventures we have built range from ClearScore to Agilisys and AVADO to even the Rajasthan Royals cricket team.
Our 19 companies have each been conceived and launched by us and now have total sales of over £400 million and more than 3,000 employees. Our assets under management stands at greater than £1bn. Our portfolio companies vary in stage from seed to venture to late growth and are based in our offices across London, Nottingham, Edinburgh, Boston and Mumbai.
As part of our expansion strategy in 2020 and 2021 we will increasingly work closely with investment and strategic partners ranging from Paypal, FIS, L&G, Experian, Google, WorldPay, Imperial College and some of the leading venture capital and private equity companies internationally.