Facilities Assistant - Handy Person
Scale Space is an exciting joint venture between Imperial College London (a global top 10 University) and Blenheim Chalcot (the UK’s leading digital venture builder) which is building a 200,000 ft2 innovation centre in the heart of Imperial College’s White City Campus.
Purpose of the job.
The facilities department is responsible for the management of properties and processes that support the work of Scale Space.
Key areas are planned ad hoc maintenance, security, health and safety and DIY. A key focus will be on using best business practice to improve efficiency and reduce operating costs.
The Facilities Assistant will support the Facilities Department with the following duties:
- Maintaining the buildings within Scale Space.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Facilities Manager, implement the planned preventative maintenance program at Scale Space.
- Assisting in the setting up and dismantling of furniture within Conference Rooms and other meeting rooms.
- Maintaining the fabric of Scale Space in accordance with best working practice.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and those safe working practices are adhered to.
- Working with the Assistant Facilities Manager to ensure fire safety procedures and checks, including ensuring fire alarms, emergency lights and extinguishers are correctly adhered to and maintained.
- When required undertake repairs to ensure that the buildings are maintained to a good standard.
- Providing a porting service if required.
- Assist with Portable Appliance Testing. (Training will be provided)
- Responding to all faults.
- Overseeing repairs or maintenance as reported by staff, and tenants according to there priority.
- Supervising contractors to undertake repairs as required, ensuring satisfactory completion of works to an appropriate standard.
- Responding to emergencies and urgent issues as they arise.
- Managing and executing other projects as assigned by the Assistant Facilities Manager.
- To cover facilities issues in the absence of the Assistant Facilities Manager.
This job description may change, and the duties listed are not exhaustive.
This position requires someone with:
- Strong DIY skills and maintenance experience are essential
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative
- Understanding of Health and Safety rules would be an advantage
- Experience in working in a customer focused environment
- Ability to manage, prioritise and organise workload
- Good communication skills
*No agencies please