We are looking for a brilliant journalist with a background in payments to join our growing editorial team. This is an exciting time to join our growing B2B media business, working with like minded journalists who are passionate about writing. The ideal individual will have experience in finance journalism, ideally payment, have a can do and positive attitude and enjoy working hard whilst having fun with lots of flexibility.
You will be working closely with and reporting to the editor in helping grow bobsguide's place as the primary source for news and in-depth analysis in the payments marketplace. This is a fantastic role for an experienced finance journalist to help drive the sectoral content within a growing and energetic team, and show off your editorial capabilities to a large and engaged audience.
The successful candidate will know payments inside out, apply high editorial standards, and work off a list of industry contacts to inform their coverage. We’re looking for a passionate writer with strategic editorial skills to drive our engagement within the payments industry.
- Writing in-depth analytical features, news-based pieces and other forms of content in line with the editorial agenda – both on and off diary
- Host industry events, interview key market stakeholders
- Display an array of types of content, applying high editorial standards
- Help inform the direction of bobsguide’s other penetrations within the banking sector – including the directory, online events and panels
- Internal and external communication / relationships
- Develop and inform the desk’s output, working to ensure increased engagement with this tier 1 audience
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Experience of reporting and knowledge of payments
- Degree in journalism
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Excellent editing skills
- Experience of creation, production and dissemination of engaging, shareable content relevant to the audience
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Highly motivated, with an inquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Contentive see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- 25 days of paid holidays (plus a Birthday Day and an additional day off around Christmas)
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary.
- Pension Scheme
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
Your career is in your hands. We expect you to take ownership of your own career development and of course, we are here to support and guide you. Our career pathway is designed to clearly highlight the different avenues you may wish to take during your career with Contentive. We encourage you to have open and honest conversations about how you are performing in your role and ask for feedback. We adopt the growth mindset principle to development.
“Success is not an accident; success is a choice.” – Stephen Curry.
Contentive is reinventing B2B media and events. Staying up to date in a fast-changing industry is a major challenge for professional executives. We develop smart ways to curate and create content that cuts through the noise and captures the attention of busy execs to help them succeed in their roles. In turn, we offer suppliers that want to influence these communities, a cost-effective, reliable, scalable source of qualified leads. We aim to become a long term, retained partner with leading suppliers in each of our markets.
Our range of highly focused promotional solutions can help companies successfully capture their market, increasing brand awareness, delivering quality leads and ultimately providing a great return on their marketing investment.
We pride ourselves on the highly reputable brands we have in Contentive, these are split across four areas; Digital Marketing, FinTech, HR and Financial Services.
We are a technology led business, constantly innovating to improve the experience we offer our audiences. Our proprietary technology stack combines marketing automation and a customer data platform, allowing us to continuously monitor the topic and format preferences of our audiences. This enables us to personalise their experience – online or at an event – driving higher engagement rates and providing us with unrivalled intelligence and insight about each community’s behaviours and preferences.