We’re looking for a smart, experienced and driven product manager who is passionate about delivering products that transform customers’ experiences with financial products.
Koodoo is a new financial technology business that is shaking up the world of mortgages. The mortgage market is undergoing a major shift, with much more emphasis being placed on consumer choice, transparency and the role for new technology. Backed by the UK’s leading digital venture builder (Blenheim Chalcot), Koodoo is building the technology to help connect customers seamlessly and intelligently with their next mortgage. We are working with some of the biggest names in financial services - comparison sites, marketplace providers, lenders - to deliver a better mortgage application and renewal experience to millions of borrowers in the UK. Our current partners include CompareTheMarket.com, Confused.com, ClearScore, Nationwide, NatWest, Santander and more.
Koodoo has been running for 2+ years, in which period we have secured the largest partnerships in the market with a great product, but with a relatively small team. We are now in a growth stage and need star talent to join us to take the next big steps towards our vision.
The team is spread out throughout London and Nottingham but we’re happy to accommodate remote working arrangements as we, in fact, currently operate a fully working from home model for everyone in the company.
About Blenheim Chalcot
Blenheim Chalcot has an unrivalled track record for building successful and disruptive digital ventures. Providing much more than just funds, businesses in the Blenheim Chalcot portfolio benefit from over 20 years of experience, knowledge, ideas and infrastructure. With offices in London, Nottingham, Edinburgh, New York and Mumbai, over 3000 employees, sales of over £300m, and a track record of building over 40 companies, the Blenheim Chalcot model aims to create an “unfair advantage” for its companies as they grow from ideas into multi-million pound, market-leading businesses. Companies in the portfolio, past and present, include Agilisys, TDX, ClearScore, Oakbrook Finance, Liberis and Salary Finance.
- Lead a squad at Koodoo to scope, prioritise, specify, deliver and validate new products and features to drive Koodoo closer to achieving its vision for homebuyers
- Work closely with the squad’s technical lead and Koodoo’s Head of Delivery to plan and execute on packages of work
- Collaborate with our data science team to devise proportional tests to help validate product features before and/or after delivery
- Collaborate with our design and UX team to design and implement delightful user experiences for our customers within a set appetite
- Proactively manage quality of delivery by formulating key product health metrics, and evaluating impacts of bugs for effective prioritisation
- Develop expertise in particular product lines and help Koodoo’s VP of Product craft a longer term roadmap for the product and company
What we’re looking for
- You will have a minimum of 2+ years experience as a product manager in a technology firm, with a demonstrable record of delivering products and features with concrete and measurable business value
- You will be confident in demonstrating a range of product management skills, including:
- digital user experience and design best-practices,
- technical skills that enable you to confidently communicate with our technical team,
- commercial awareness; and
- data-driven decision making.
- You will have experience working in a dynamic and fast-paced delivery environment
- You will be familiar working in a agile delivery environment, and a pro at communicating complex requirements clearly within this environment
- You will be a self-starter and independent worker but also demonstrate leadership and management capabilities
- Ideally you will have a background in FinTech
- Competitive Salary
- Pension scheme (3% employer; 5% employee)
- Flexible benefits package
- 25 days holiday (with the option to buy more)
- Life Assurance
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible working
- Staff issued with MacBook Pro and external monitor
- Investment in training and conferences
- Regular hackathons and events to promote team working and on going learning