Demand Generation Manager - Peer Learning & Inclusion
What you need to know about Hive Learning
Over the past 7 years, we’ve figured out a formula for making learning contagious and helping culture change stick.
We’ve helped companies like Sun Life Financial, Dow Jones, two of the world’s top business schools, some of the world’s most exciting sports organizations and not-for-profits like Shout and Place2Be transform the way they do learning.
Our Inclusion Works product has been helping some of the world’s most forward-thinking companies take their people from unconscious bias to conscious action, transform their cultures, and move the needle on creating truly equitable workplaces.
And our Peer Learning Networks have helped companies respond to the pandemic at lightning speed, transforming how they do business overnight and democratizing learning at every level.
Where we’re headed next
In the past two years, we’ve grown rapidly and built a playbook of tactics that help us uncover opportunities with new clients where we can create impact we are really proud of.
We’re shaping and defining two categories (peer learning and digital inclusion), we’re growing fast every quarter, and analysts agree we’re onto something.
And now we’re looking for someone to take the lead on demand generation as we enter a rapid scaling phase.
What you need to know about how we do marketing
Before you read on, we thought there were a few things you should know about.
We have two goals in marketing:
- Enable sales to grow MRR
- Define and put our stamp on two new categories
Until now, we’ve been scrappy and creative and focused on the stuff that matters most - shipping and impact. Now we’re at a pivotal moment where we get to build on the solid foundations we’ve built to set us up for success as we grow.
A few things you might want to know about our marketing team off the starting blocks:
- We are onto something and we are going as fast as we possibly can to help us make the most of the opportunity in front of us.
- We work in a high challenge, high support environment. We are trying to do something really hard (transform an old-school, pretty dry category and sell a disruptive product to enterprise customers in big businesses with a lot of complexity). And we are figuring a lot of stuff out for the first time - from what our next awesome virtual event should be to what our MarTech stack should look like. That means every day, you’ll find some kind of challenge. But we are a highly supportive team, we share the load to get the job done and we have a big focus on wellbeing.
- We’re still in our scrappy scaling phase. We work hard to give everyone the clearest set of responsibilities we possibly can - you’ll have numbers, workstreams, and projects you own. But we are an agile and supportive team, so - regardless of our responsibilities or our titles - there’ll be times when everyone mucks in to get the job done.
- This is our first marketing hire on the ground in the US. We’ve built out sales and customer success in the US already and stayed ‘one team’ with our UK business. This role will be an extension of that. Our marketing team is UK based, including our Marketing Director who you’ll report to, but you’ll also work closely with our North American General Manager and become a core part of our team in New York (either in person or remotely). As a member of our early stage marketing team at an exciting point in our growth journey, there are no limits for how far this role could take you.
- We live and breathe peer learning and inclusion in how we do marketing. You’ll become a subject matter expert in both. Everyone in our marketing team has a laser focus on amplifying diverse voices from across our community and making sure the way we do marketing is as inclusive as possible. The person in this role will share those values too.
A quick note on how we hire
Our products are striving to create a more equitable world. And for that reason, we take diversity and inclusion seriously in our hiring processes too.
We’re committed to building a team that represents a whole host of backgrounds, perspectives and skills and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply.
And if this job speaks to you but you're not sure you have the "right" experience, we'd love you to apply anyway and tell us why you'd be great for this role in your cover letter.
If we can help with any special accommodations for your application or interviews, just let us know.
Onto the nitty gritty - the role
As our first demand generation manager, your role will be to lay solid foundations for our demand generation function to accelerate our growth and set us up for success as we scale. You’ll likely wear many hats and probably uncover a lot of stuff we haven’t even thought about yet.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Create and execute our demand generation strategy across multiple channels; you’ll have a particular focus on SEO and SEM, as well as feeding into campaign strategy and supporting on delivery across all key channels (email, organic social, events, product marketing and content).
- Define and build conversion rate optimization and lead nurture strategies; from optimizing our website content and lead flows, to nailing our marketing automation strategy and working with content marketing to determine which assets are promoted to who, when, at what cadence, you’ll keep prospects engaged right across the funnel.
- Develop and manage our account based marketing strategy; you’ll build on our foundations to help us be more deliberate in reaching ideal accounts and make sure we deliver valuable content to them at optimal points in their conversion journey.
- Help us nail marketing operations; you’ll manage marketing automation and our CRM, think about our tech stack, and make sure we measure and report on stuff that matters so we can optimize and focus demand gen activities in areas delivering the most impact.
- Craft and deliver sharp, valuable content closely aligned to our value proposition - whether it’s for our website, campaigns, or sales collateral, you’ll use your flair for copywriting to help us bring our story to life and continuously work on honing the way we tell it.
- Be the voice of the prospect and a culture change pro - Become an expert in the areas of peer learning, inclusion, and become a culture change pro. You’ll demonstrate your knowledge through the content and creative you write and the campaigns you develop, which will be closely aligned to our buyers pain points and how we can solve them.
- Be a partner, partnering with content, events, brand, SDRs and sales to deliver a consistent volume of high quality leads, plus insights that help us shape and define our strategy and iterate our personas. You’ll also work with, mentor and share your knowledge with the rest of the team in our Weekly Growth Accelerator learning sessions.
Some words that might describe you, your skills and experience
- You have 3 to 5 years experience working in a demand generation role and being able to evidence your impact, ideally in B2B (years of experience is a guide not a requirement)
- You’ll be the first hire in this function so you’ll need to be confident getting stuck in - you should be able to build a strategy, execute, and measure the results
- You have a solid understanding of demand generation best practices and are constantly researching latest trends and techniques to put into practice
- You’ve got hands on experience working with marketing automation software and CRM (Hubspot)
- You’re a pro at aligning marketing activities to buyer pain points
- You’re an excellent copywriter who seeks to continuously hone their craft
- You have strong teamwork skills, including an understanding of how to partner with sales, content and brand marketing
- Experience working in a SaaS company would be a bonus
- Experience working with Wordpress isn’t essential if you’re a fast learner but might help you go faster
- You pay strong attention to the tiny details, with laser sharp organization and prioritization skills
- You thrive in an autonomous environment, you’re proactive and happy to get stuck in
- You’re comfortable working in a team that’s still figuring a lot of stuff out for the first time and sometimes needs to pivot quickly
- You’re a team player and you’re up for mucking in to get the job done when you need to
- You love collaboration, embrace feedback and proactively seek out others’ viewpoints
- You’re a curious, infinite learner who is always seeking a better way
- You have experience, knowledge or a particular well-researched interest in learning and development and/or diversity and inclusion
What we’d like to offer you
- An exciting and meaningful challenge with the opportunity to play a direct and pivotal role in the next phase of our growth
- The chance to be part of a forward-thinking, energetic and enthusiastic team
- A supportive and inclusive environment to try new things, learn, grow and develop
- Weekly cross-functional ‘Growth Accelerator’ training sessions
- Be part of the broader Blenheim Chalcot family - connect and be mentored by some of the incredible people that work in the 20+ other start-ups in our ecosystem
- Fun activities and plenty of opportunities to celebrate successes and failures with your teammates
- Competitive salary
- 20 vacation days + a bonus day off on your birthday
- Private health care
- Brand new office near Chelsea, NY in an open shared space with lots of other startups
- At Hive Learning we embrace diversity and equal opportunity, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
- NOTE: From now until the end of the year, the role is remote. We are happy to consider applications from anywhere in the US working on EST hours.
We are all passionate about making learning easy for everyone and building a more equitable world. We’d love someone to join us who shares our passion.