At AVADO, our Purpose is Unlocking potential and changing lives… come and build the best learning platform in the world… sound interesting? Keep reading…
WHO DO WE NEED?
Andrew Turnbull our Head of Development is looking for someone who wants to focus on technical excellence and modern ways of programming. This role also comes with an opportunity to advance within a fast-growing team and help shape our development roadmap.
WHAT YOU’LL GET UP TO
To aid the team in their drive for technical excellence you will be:
- Delivering high quality code, working in an environment that embraces DevOps methods
- Sharing technical leadership within the development team
- Building our learning platform with PHP alongside our front-end developers (they use React, which you’ll have an opportunity to learn and use)
- Driving our migration to microservices
- Pushing for technical innovation, introducing new technologies and new ways of working
- Owning a number of projects, ensuring appropriate scoping and technical accountability
- Architecting solutions for the rest of your team to assist you in building
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR WORKING AT AVADO?
Being part of the UK’s leading EdTech company means more than just being good at what we do in our subject matter expertise. What you bring in terms of skills is obviously very important. But our first passion and skill really lay in helping individuals and organisations grow, using our “learning that works” methodology. With offices across the globe, you’ll get to collaborate with people from Singapore, Hong Kong and across the UK. We use our skills to help people improve theirs.
And… just for being here, we offer you a culture that’s created and nurtured by super smart people and underpinned by our Values. Our Values of Accountability, Ambition, Care, Empowerment and Transparency were created for our people, by our people; they guide our thinking, decisions and actions, creating a truly unique place to work. You will also get a chance to be at the forefront of digital transformation and professional growth, enviable workspaces, serious personal development opportunity and a few nice job-related and lifestyle perks.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You know how to build high quality, scalable and secure applications using PHP, HTML, SQL, Symfony, Laravel, React and CSS
- You have strong knowledge of objection-oriented programming techniques, best practice guidelines (PSR’s, OWASP) and S.O.L.I.D. principles
- You have worked with at least one PHP framework and have demonstrable experience i.e. Symfony or Laravel
- Experience of building secure RESTful API’s (desirable)
A FEW MORE THINGS ABOUT US…
We’re proud of what we’re doing and relentless in doing the right thing. In addition to this, we can offer you:
- A home in our growing, ambitious team, whose sharp focus is growing the EdTech industry;
- The opportunity to truly own and be responsible for making great things happen, making a real difference and working with some of the world’s leading brands;
- A fast and furious, exciting place to be with real challenge and a meaningful opportunity
… AND WE’RE HIGHLY INCLUSIVE
AVADO is one of those rare places where anyone from anywhere with any background or experience is free to come and do their very best work. We believe in the diversity of thought, as that’s what helps us help our customers and learners – whether investing in their own development, or having their employer invest for them. Equality, diversity and inclusion are values that are critical to our success; come and see for yourself.