Portfolio Director, US
Reports to: CEO
We are reinventing B2B media and events, committed to connecting buyers and sellers in B2B markets globally. Our people, technology led approach and our commitment to innovation set us apart.
Staying up to date in a fast changing industry is a major challenge for professional executives. We develop smart ways to curate and create content that cuts through the noise and captures the attention of busy executives to help them succeed in their roles.
In turn, we offer content marketing solutions to suppliers that want to influence these communities, a cost-effective, reliable, scalable source of qualified leads. We aim to become a long term, retained partner with leading suppliers in each of our markets.
Our point of difference is that we use a proprietary technology stack to track engagement online which allows us to offer personalized experiences to professionals, which leads to higher engagement online. Our technology also allows us to nurture leads until they are marketing qualified, ready for an introduction to an appropriate supplier.
Our current communities are in Fintech, Digital Marketing, HR and Finance. We want to have a reputation for building the best communities, appreciated by professionals and suppliers alike.
Founded in 2012, we now have around 80 employees across London and New York and continue to grow. We are backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group, leading technology investors with annual sales of over £300M.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking self-starters with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
The Portfolio Director will be responsible for the success of the rapidly growing Marketing portfolio of two multi platform brands with combined annual revenues of £2m.
The Portfolio Director drives profitable growth of revenues, through personal sales activity and leadership of the wider Account Management and Business Development team. The Portfolio Director also has responsibility for continuous product development in response to changing market conditions and customer requirements.
We have the determination and ambition to double the size of the business in two years.This role will suit an ambitious, entrepreneurial sales professional, with passion for digital and event sales.
About the brands
ClickZ and Search Engine Watch bring together marketing professionals and provide news and features on regulations, market forces, and the key technological developments that serve them. ClickZ is one of the largest digital marketing communities, helping senior marketers to navigate online marketing.Search Engine Watch is a resource for search practitioners and site owners, providing tops and information on search engines and marketing.
- Manage a team of five and growing;
- Maintain a clear team structure so that all members understand the purpose of their role, how it fits within the whole and what outcomes they are accountable for;
- Achieve and exceed monthly; quarterly and annual sales targets;
- Set clear standards for team, particularly around the quality, quantity and direction of outbound sales activity;
- Lead weekly team meetings to enable open, honest communication about progress against goals;
- Enable high performance by identifying and removing any barriers to effective sales activity;
- Address underperformance promptly and supportively, escalating issues as necessary;
- Keep the team motivated and engaged and ensure that each role provides ample scope for training and development to enhance their career development.Flag any specific training needs so that they can be addressed;
- Work with the wider management team to manage career development and succession planning through managed moves across the group.
- Set a strong example for the team, by exhibiting the highest standard in your personal sales activity;
- Work autonomously to monitor and understand the vendor marketplace within your allocated region;
- Plan and execute customer coverage to maximise sales revenue, including face-to-face meetings, sales trips, and attendance at relevant industry events;
- Build relationships and engage in in-depth, consultative conversations with potential clients to understand their medium-term marketing objectives and plan effective digital marketing campaigns to fit their needs;
- Creatively plan & effectively present marketing campaigns to both clients and their agencies;
- Effectively manage personal pipeline to maximise both yield and revenue;
- Optimise handover to customer-success team, to facilitate long-term working partnerships between our brands and our customer-base.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of our client offering by constantly interrogating clients’ marketing goals and ensuring that we meet them;
- Collaborate with sales colleagues; company management; project managers; editorial; marketing and development teams to ensure that commercial objectives are clearly articulated and incorporated into wider plans for the Marketing community;
- Ensure that the sales teams have easy access to appropriate, high-quality, up-to-date sales collateral.
Sales planning & reporting
- Monitor and understand the marketplace of vendors targeting the sectors covered by your brands;
- Plan and execute customer coverage across the team to maximise the revenue opportunity across both new business and renewals;
- Work with the customer success team to ensure optimal campaign delivery and reporting;
- Provide regular management reporting, to cover sales productivity metrics, market coverage, conversion trends, and revenue forecasts.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Sales Leader with experience in the B2B media and events sales field. It is essential that successful applicant is innovative and strives to form and engage teams that deliver. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in B2B media and event sales with a proven track record of success in a leadership role;
- Strong work ethic and ability to lead by example;
- Day to day working knowledge of Salesforce;
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and time-management skills;
- Completely invested in driving both individual and team success;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Proactive, self-motivated with ability to work independently and within a team;
- Ability to fully understand and convey value propositions;
- Degree-level educated with a 2:1, or higher;
- Knowledge of / experience in the financial management sector.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success;
- Be comfortable in a fluid, progressive and dynamic, change orientated environment, and able to deploy:
- a proactive and confident approach;
- excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Dynamic, insightful and influential with the ability to operate at strategic and operational levels.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
Our approach and style is professional yet down to earth. Whilst challenging, we hope the process will be as engaging and insightful for you as it will be for us.
Individuals seeking employment at Contentive must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone