Job Title: US HR Lead
Reporting to: US General Manager
Location: Richmond, VA
Liberis is transforming business finance. We use the latest technology to make it simple and flexible for small businesses to secure funding. Since our inception we have helped more than 15,000 small businesses access over $500 million in funding. We believe that small businesses are the economic lifeblood of local communities, yet they continue to be underserved by traditional banks and financial services organizations. We are committed to supporting them by:
- Offering simple, fair finance to small businesses to help them thrive
- Providing easy access to flexible funding through our innovative technology platform
- Empowering our partners with finance solutions to increase the lifetime value of their small business customers.
We are in a very exciting period of growth across the globe, with teams based in the UK, US, and Scandinavia. As we continue to grow, we are looking for talented and ambitious individuals to join us to reshape business finance and continue to support our partners and customers in the underserved SME market.
We are proud to have been included in The Sunday Times Hiscox Tech Track 100 as one of the 100 fastest growing FinTechs in the UK for two years running.
Who are we?
In early 2019 we launched in the US and are disrupting small business funding by being champions for small businesses throughout the country. We have teammates in Denver, Boston, and Richmond VA. Liberis is partnering with companies by leveraging our data and technology to seamlessly integrate and support their merchants.
Who are you?
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- You have 3-5 years of HR generalist experience
- Knowledge of basic business and customer service principles, including planning and organizing, resource management and leadership skills
- You consider yourself to be detail oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to work independently with the ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. You are also capable of monitoring own work to ensure quality.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office
- You have strong written and oral communication skills with the demonstrated ability to represent information one on one or to a group.
- You are flexible and able to meet the changing demands of the business.
What will you be doing here?
The HR Lead is responsible for supporting HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR and line management in supporting designated business objectives. This position carries out responsibilities in multiple functional areas including benefits and compensation, payroll, employee relations, performance management, policy implementation, and employment law compliance. We’ll count on your skills and years of experience to be a champion of company values, ensuring an engaged workforce, loyal customers, efficient operations and a bright future for yourself and Liberis.
In terms of key responsibilities, you will:
- Provide employee relations guidance to employees and advice to management within scope of position; identify and actively respond with sensitivity to the needs of employees and business leaders. Assist with investigating a variety of employee-related issues, incidents and complaints; resolve disputes and recommend appropriate/remedial actions
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal laws and regulations; review and understand recent and changing employment-related laws and guidelines and communicate them to employees
- Assist with developing and implementing programs regarding HR policies, procedures and information. Communicate, interpret and administer – in a fair, equitable and consistent manner - HR policies and procedures
- Support continuous initiatives. Documents current processes and procedures and leads the effort to maintain and create processes that support the business and department.
- Administer and communicate benefits to employees based on company policies and procedures and established benefit programs. Serve as lead for annual enrollment. Liaise with benefit vendors.
- Support recruitment by working with recruiting lead and hiring manager refine job profiles, provide market-based compensation analysis, lend thought leadership on recruitment strategy. Coordinates and executes new associate orientation ensuring all documents are distributed, signed and returned. Assist in hiring and selection of talent.
- Manage bi-weekly payroll processing
You may also:
- Assist in coaching, mentoring, and training to managers and leaders to develop competencies and leadership capabilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned
What can we offer you?
We are committed to creating an open, supportive and flexible work environment that provides our employees access to industry-leading opportunity. We are proud to have been recognised by Great Place to Work as one of the UK’s Best (Medium) Workplaces, as well as the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace For Women and a center of Excellence For Wellbeing. We are a values-driven and culturally diverse community and we welcome applications from all candidates irrespective of gender, race, age, sexual-orientation or background.
We are passionate about empowering our people to make a real difference for our customers and for their own careers. We run a variety of initiatives to support our employees’ development from lunch and learn sessions to peer mentoring and formal training courses