Fantastic first role in industry for a newly qualified ACA looking to gain a broad base of finance experience in an ambitious, growing company… sound interesting? Keep reading…!
WHO DO WE NEED?
Carl Chaplin (https://www.linkedin.com/in/carl-chaplin-9464263b/), our Group Financial Reporting Manager, is looking for a Financial Accountant to help drive forward the development of a first-class Group Reporting function. Be prepared to join an experienced and dynamic team as we continue our journey to provide timely and accurate financial reporting that supports the needs of multiple AVADO stakeholders. This role also comes with ample opportunity for exposure to all areas of the finance department of a growing company and is a great first role for someone out of practice.
WHAT YOU’LL GET UP TO
Our mission to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting will give you well-rounded exposure to:
- Financial Reporting
- Key role in the preparation of financial accounts, management accounts, group reporting and statutory compliance for the group entities
- Develop and improve processes to ensure accurate financial reporting is achieved whilst adhering to strict deadlines
- Responsible for delivery of all monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assistance with financial reporting queries (from internal and external stakeholders)
- Responsible for regulatory filings, including sub-contractor declarations and RoATP reporting
- Point of contact for wider business in responding to financial queries
- Responsible for preparation of statutory accounts under FRS102 and for provision of full financial statements-trial balance-audit evidence documentation
- Responsible for ensuring the business is prepared for audit visits, in an efficient manner, quickly after year end with a clear timetable in place
- Assistance with coordination of overseas audits and with consolidation queries
- Assist Group Financial Reporting Manager with cash reporting and bank account management
- Finance Processes & Systems
- Key role in assisting with embedding of financial reporting processes and controls
- Working with overseas Shared Services Team
- Key role in identification and implementation of automation of finance processes, including assisting with integration of new financial system planned for Q1 2020
- Assistance with general ledger system maintenance, including ensuring this is fit for business needs
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR WORKING AT AVADO?
Being part of the UK’s leading EdTech company means more than just being good at what we do in our subject matter expertise. What you bring in terms of skills is obviously very important. But our first passion and skill really lies in helping individuals and organisations grow, using our “learning that works” methodology. With offices across the globe, you’ll get to collaborate with people from Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, USA, and across the UK. We use our skills to help people improve theirs.
And… just for being here, we offer you a culture that’s created and nurtured by super smart people and underpinned by our Values. Our Values of Accountability, Ambition, Care, Empowerment and Transparency were created for and by our people, and guide our thinking, decisions and actions, creating a truly unique place to work. You will also get a chance to be at the forefront of digital transformation and professional growth, enviable workspaces, serious personal development opportunity and a few nice job-related and lifestyle perks.
In addition, you can be sure of receiving all the mentoring and support that you will need to grow and develop your skills, qualifications, knowledge and experience.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Newly qualified ACA from a sizeable practice preferred
- Strong technical accounting expertise
- Strong academics
- Excellent Excel skills with a passion to learn more; comfortable with manipulation of large data sets and navigation around relatively complex financial models
- Audit experience of consolidations and of fast growth, multi country, multiple legal entity businesses
- Self-starter with a proactive approach looking to build a career in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, plus the ability to work confidently and closely with both senior level staff and non-finance personnel.
- Focused, detail-orientated and well organised
- Committed to driving and participating in a culture of continuous improvement
- Experience within a training / learning organisation is a plus
A FEW MORE THINGS ABOUT US…
We’re proud of what we’re doing and relentless in doing the right thing. In addition to this, we can offer you:
- A home in our growing, ambitious team, whose sharp focus is growing the EdTech industry
- The opportunity to truly own and be responsible for making great things happen, making a real difference and working with some of the world’s leading brands
- A fast and furious, exciting place to be with real challenge and a meaningful opportunity
… AND WE’RE HIGHLY INCLUSIVE
AVADO is one of those rare places where anyone from anywhere with any background or experience is free to come and do their very best work. We believe in the diversity of thought, as that’s what helps us help our customers and learners – whether investing in their own development, or having their employer invest for them. Equality, diversity and inclusion are values that are critical to our success; come and see for yourself.