Software Engineering Graduate Programme
Are you interested in designing creative software solutions, learning from industry experts and working in an innovative, flexible, early-stage business environment?
If this sounds like you and you are up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
As part of the Software Engineering programme you will join the engineering team of one of our early stage ventures and develop skills across the engineering life cycle. With the wider Graduate cohort, we will facilitate learning experiences with tech leaders and business entrepreneurs from our own ecosystem, alongside facilitated peer to peer learning. The learning experiences will allow you to better understand how different technologies are used within our businesses and further your business acumen and business professional skills.
As part of the programme you will:
- enjoy the benefits of a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
- be part of an agile team working on a variety of challenging projects across the end-to-end development process, all geared to develop cutting-edge digital products and services.
- learn how to develop solutions in a ‘fail fast and safe’ environment that focuses on transformative innovation.
- receive on-the-job coaching, self-directed learning and support from engineering experts.
- have the opportunity to see the impact of the work you’re doing.
- gain huge exposure into how tech companies are built and be supported while taking ownership of work that really matters.
- network with others similarly starting their careers across Blenheim Chalcot.
A career within BC isn’t like any other career. You’ll be joining a network of people working together to make a difference in their industries. We’re proud of the community of brilliant people we’re building; we believe it’s our strongest asset.
You will have the following technical requirements:
- Have a degree in a STEM related subject
- Have basic coding abilities in Java, Python, C# or C#, as well as understand databases and how they are used
- Understand APIs, such as RESTful HTTP and SOAP
- It would be advantageous, if you have worked with common data formats, which could include CSV, XML, JSON
At BC it’s also essential that you’re curious, empathetic, creative and a team player. This requires that you:
- have high energy and a passion for solving problems.
- are an analytical thinker.
- have a desire to continue learning.
- are a team player and able to communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
To apply please follow the link and submit your CV along with answering the following questions:
- What programming language(s) are you familiar with and where did you learn it/them?
- What personal project are you most proud of and why?
Closing date for applications is the 10th January 2020.