Koodoo is a new financial technology business that is shaking up the world of mortgages. The mortgage market is undergoing a major shift, with much more emphasis being placed on consumer choice, transparency and the potential role for new technology. Backed by the UK’s leading digital venture builder (Blenheim Chalcot), Koodoo is building the technology to help connect customers seamlessly and intelligently with their next mortgage. We are working with some of the biggest names in the industry to deliver a better mortgage application and renewal experience to millions of borrowers in the UK.
About Blenheim Chalcot
Blenheim Chalcot has an unrivalled track record for building successful and disruptive digital ventures. Providing much more than just funds, businesses in the Blenheim Chalcot portfolio benefit from over 20 years of experience, knowledge, ideas and infrastructure. With offices in London, Nottingham, Edinburgh, New York and Mumbai, over 3000 employees, sales of over £300m, and a track record of building over 40 companies, the Blenheim Chalcot model aims to create an “unfair advantage” for its companies as they grow from ideas into multi-million pound, market-leading businesses. Companies in the portfolio, past and present, include Agilisys, TDX, ClearScore, Oakbrook Finance, Liberis and Salary Finance.
We have launched a cloud-based, API-driven service that connects mortgage customers with the best financial products for their needs. We have already gone live with a major partner, resulting in a major uplift in customer engagement. We are using some of the latest technologies and development patterns. We are building and managing ‘true’ microservices, using NodeJS, MongoDb, Google Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, Tyk API gateway, CircleCI, and much more.
Our Technology Philosophy
At Koodoo, we believe that if something is worth building, it is worth building right. We choose the latest tools and technologies that help us deliver amazing software and stay ahead of our competitors. We operate as a truly agile business; we don’t think it’s just something that the dev team do. We believe in the SOLID principles, design patterns and clean code; we believe in creating systems that are built for integration; we believe that all software should be built test-first, with automated QA at the heart of the engineering team; we believe that DevOps is a full team responsibility - a mindset, not a job title; we believe that software should be built for true continuous delivery (release early, release often). Furthermore, we believe that great software development teams should have a culture of mutual support, continuous learning, ownership… and fun!
- You will be joining a software engineering team that takes quality seriously. You should bring that same passion for helping to build the best software you can.
- As a software testing expert, you will have solid experience in testing and a good grounding in the principles of software quality assurance.
- You will also have some hands-on experience of test automation, with knowledge of at least one automation framework or product.
- You will have experience of designing and executing multiple types of test, including functional, integration, regression and exploratory tests, and will be able to explain the importance of each to both technical and non-technical users.
- You may have some experience of running non-functional tests, e.g. performance, scalability, load and security tests, and at the least will have an understanding of the principles associated with these.
- You will have a natural aptitude for coding, being able to review and interpret the production code crafted by the developers, and will expect your own automation scripts to be subjected to the same scrutiny by the rest of the team.
- You will have a passion for staying abreast of the latest trends in the software development and testing landscape, and a personal ethic of continuous learning and self-improvement.
- As a small, focused team operating in a startup environment, we place a great emphasis on delivery and our ability to get new features live quickly, without compromising on quality, security or UX; this will fit with your own work ethic.
- As we consider DevOps to be a full team responsibility, it will be an advantage if you have experience of Continuous Delivery practices and toolchains, and ideally some hands-on experience with public cloud services.
- We encourage a high degree of personal ownership, and all members of the team have the opportunity to contribute to the architectural design and the decision-making process, so you would be comfortable bringing your own perspective and ideas to this.
If you recognise yourself in the above description, and the idea of working in a fast-paced, supportive and fun environment - where building software to a high standard is both expected and encouraged - then Koodoo is the place for you. You will find yourself working with some of the smartest, and we like to think nicest, software professionals that you could ever hope to work with!