We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious and creative editor to join our New York based team to support and develop the content strategy of our digital marketing brands, ClickZ and Search Engine Watch.
We are looking for an experienced writer who has worked in the marketing and/or technology industry.
ClickZ is a fast-paced digital marketing media and events company that creates industry leading content to engage with its community of over 1.3 million digital marketers.
SearchEngineWatch is the community destination for SEO experts. Search Engine Watch provides tips and information about searching the web and analysis of the search engine industry.
Set editorial agenda and KPIs, taking overall responsibility and ensuring wider team achieves
- Set and monitor editorial content strategy and KPIs, reporting weekly on KPIs and content/team performance.
- Devise editorial content calendar incorporating sales & marketing objectives
- Ensure dissemination of editorial content calendar both internally and externally (as appropriate), and that internal content teams work together to produce relevant, timely and engaging content (i.e. commissioning editors, deputy editors, reporters/writers).
- Translate corporate objectives into team objectives and implement strategies to meet these.
- Maintain awareness of market trends and identify opportunities for the business.
- Develop competitor and market awareness to feed into strategy.
Content creation and production
- Produce individual weekly content quota.
- Set targets for submitted/commissioned content in key topic areas and assist in identification of KOLs from whom to commission.
- Manage the development of content in a diverse mix of styles (e.g. video, webinar, infographic, various written formats), ensuring a high standard of innovation is achieved.
- Follow tenets of content that is educational, informative and entertaining.
- Ensure all content (whether produced in-house or externally, editorial or commercial) is edited to house style and to a high degree of quality prior to publication.
Overall responsibility for dissemination of content via variety of media
- Ensure timely, relevant and high quality newsletters are sent to audience.
- Ensure all content is shared via key social media portals (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) following best practice guidelines.
- Look for opportunities to improve shareability of content to grow audience engagement.
- Test and learn a variety of methods and platforms for content dissemination and share learnings with wider content team.
Skills & interests
- Production and dissemination of engaging, shareable content relevant to the audience.
- Ability to translate business needs into clearly defined projects.
- Product development.
- Collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Vacation days – 20 days plus 9 paid public holidays
• Sick Days – 5 Days
• 9 public paid holidays
• Medical insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• A 401K plan with company match
• Qualified Parking & Transit Program (QPTP)
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• Life insurance – equal to 1 x base salary up to $250,000
• Short term disability
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
Our approach and style is professional yet down to earth. Whilst challenging, we hope the process will be as engaging and insightful for you as it will be for us.
Individuals seeking employment at Contentive must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone.