Job Title: Group Financial Reporting Manager
Reporting to: Group Financial Controller
Based: Hammersmith, London
We know that accessing finance can be a real headache for small businesses - but it doesn’t need to be. That’s why we’ve set out to help small businesses thrive, by building amazing technology that provides easy access to simple, flexible and fair finance.
Through our 11+ years of experience, our team of experts has grown with the changes and challenges of the small business world. Our technology is revolutionizing the way businesses offer and access finance, and so we’re trusted by our customers and partners because our platform and services directly solve their pain points.
We finance small businesses directly, and also through key partnerships. Ultimately, we are small business champions and we’ll continue innovating to make finance accessible for all.
Liberis Finance is our small business facing brand. We offer flexible fair funding solutions to small businesses, including the Business Cash Advance and Funding Line. Small businesses love our finance solutions as they are paid back as their customers pay them, which for a business where cashflow can be unpredictable, is a real help!
What is it like to work for Liberis?
Liberis is currently a team of over 140 people globally, and we’re growing significantly month on month.
We endeavour to create a flexible work environment that provides all our employees with equal access to information, development and opportunity. And naturally, we are committed to a culturally diverse community and strongly encourage applications from all candidates, regardless of gender, race, or background.
We are a company built on constant innovation and development, which makes us exciting to be around. We’re in in together and want to see our customers, partners and colleagues succeed. Come and join us on our journey and help us transform the finance industry!
You’ll join a dynamic, fast paced innovative team in a business which is growing internationally. We need a smart, ambitious, self-motivated person to join the team. You’ll be responsible for managing the day to day work of the financial reporting team to ensure high quality and timely delivery of transaction processing, performance management and decision support information and statutory requirements, maximizing profitability for Liberis and ensuring integrity of financial processes, records and compliance; communicating effectively with all stakeholders to gain buy-in.
The successful candidate will need the spirit of entrepreneurship, a drive to work in a fastpaced company. This is an exciting opportunity to be a fundamental part of growing the business; you’ll get involved with planning our international expansions and getting the core business in shape to really excel.
Ideally, you’ll be a qualified accountant (ideally ACA) and previous experience managing a group reporting team in a multiterritory business.
- Ownership of the month end reporting process to ensure accurate and timely reporting for review by the Group Financial Controller and the wider business.
- Continuous documentation and improvement of processes within the finance function
- Developing appropriate controls across the business especially over key assets
- Ensuring all statutory requirements are met for the UK, the US and European entities
- Timely and accurate internal and external reporting
- Management of external audit relationship
- Add support in the payroll approval process
- Assisting the Group FC in ad hoc projects as required such as capital raise both debt and equity, global tax planning including transfer pricing and currency hedging strategy.
- Support the Group FC with tax reviews including Corporation Tax, VAT and returns to HMRC
- Being able to meet future demands of a PE backed business
- Building strong relationships across the company to ensure up to date with latest developments, enabling more accurate reporting
- Oversee and manage the day to day operations of the Group Financial Reporting team which will involve managing a team of 4+ heads in the UK responsible for,
- The preparation of the monthly management accounts,
- Accounts payable processes
- General ledger postings and bank reconciliations
- VAT returns and other HMRC correspondence
- Has excellent planning, organisation and prioritisation skills;
- Excellent verbal, and written communication skills and good attention to detail;
- A qualified accountant (ideally ACA)
- Previous experience managing a Finance Team in a multi-territory business
- Energetic, highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills;
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel;
- Flexible and adaptable to business needs in a fast pace and highly dynamic environment;
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of staff and build sound working relationships;