At AVADO, our Purpose is Unlocking potential and changing lives… Whilst all roles at AVADO contribute to the achievement of this, some roles get to see it more up-close and personal… This is true of our Learning Technologist. Sound interesting? Keep reading…
WHO DO WE NEED?
Our Lead Learning Technologist is looking for someone who wants to focus on creating high quality digital learning that drives meaningful change and life-long learning. Working as part of our Learning Technology team, we’re looking for an individual who brings a spirit of collaboration, an eye for quality and a passion for problem-solving to help us produce the highest quality learning for our internal platforms and bespoke client projects.
WHAT YOU’LL GET UP TO
To help us continue to provide the highest quality learning content, you will be accountable for:
- Creating and developing e-learning content using a range of rapid authoring tools such as Evolve / Adode Captivate / Articulate Storyline
- Coordinate and deliver content updates to live courses, ensuring thorough testing is completed and issues are resolved, communicating the status effectively with the team
- Updating and maintaining content on our online campus, including course management and user management
- Troubleshooting and problem solving, supporting our Student Success team and other departments with technical queries
- Identifying areas for innovation and researching and implementing new tools, processes and solutions to improve our offering in collaboration with the wider team
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Experience of working in an established digital learning team, education provider or in an appropriate dedicated function
- Familiarity with common content formats and approaches and a working knowledge of LMS (e.g. Moodle) or CMS (e.g. Wordpress) platforms
- Awareness of usability issues and best practice
- An understanding of HTML and CSS (essential), and a familiarity with Bootstrap (desirable)
- A focus on solutions rather than problems
- Passion and enthusiasm for digital learning and a practical and logical approach to developing learning solutions
- A passion for collaboration, an analytical mind and clear, effective communication
- Comfortable working on multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR WORKING AT AVADO?
Being part of the UK’s leading EdTech company means more than just being good at what we do in our subject matter expertise. What you bring in terms of skills is obviously very important. But our first passion and skill really lay in helping individuals and organisations grow, using our “learning that works” methodology. With offices across the globe, you’ll get to collaborate with people from Singapore, Hong Kong, USA, and across the UK. We use our skills to help people improve theirs.
And… just for being here, we offer you a culture that’s created and nurtured by super smart people and underpinned by our Values. Our Values of Accountability, Ambition, Care, Empowerment and Transparency were created for and by our people, and guide our thinking, decisions and actions, creating a truly unique place to work. You will also get a chance to be at the forefront of digital transformation and professional growth, enviable workspaces, serious personal development opportunity and a few nice job-related and lifestyle perks.
A FEW MORE THINGS ABOUT US…
We’re proud of what we’re doing and relentless in doing the right thing. In addition to this, we can offer you:
- A home in our growing, ambitious team, whose sharp focus is growing the EdTech industry;
- The opportunity to truly own and be responsible for making great things happen, making a real difference and working with some of the world’s leading brands;
- A fast and furious, exciting place to be with real challenge and a meaningful opportunity
… AND WE’RE HIGHLY INCLUSIVE
AVADO is one of those rare places where anyone from anywhere with any background or experience is free to come and do their very best work. We believe in the diversity of thought, as that’s what helps us help our customers and learners – whether investing in their own development, or having their employer invest for them. Equality, diversity and inclusion are values that are critical to our success; come and see for yourself.