Job Title: Director of UK Partner Acquisition (12 month Maternity Cover)
Reporting to: Chief Commercial Officer
We know that accessing finance can be a real headache for small businesses - but it doesn’t need to be. That’s why we’ve set out to help them thrive by offering flexible fair funding solutions that are paid back as their customers pay them, which for a business where cashflow can be unpredictable, is a real help!
Through our 12+ years of experience, our team of experts has grown with the changes and challenges of the small business world. Our technology is revolutionizing the way businesses offer and access finance, and so we’re trusted by our customers and partners because our platform and services directly solve their pain points.
We finance small businesses primarily through key partnerships, and also directly. Ultimately, we are small business champions and we’ll continue innovating to make finance accessible for all through building lasting relationships with partners who want to offer these fantastic solutions to their customers.
What is it like to work for Liberis?
Liberis is currently a team of 150+ people globally, and we’re growing significantly month on month.
We endeavour to create a flexible work environment that provides all our employees with equal access to information, development and opportunity. And naturally, we are committed to a culturally diverse community and strongly encourage applications from all candidates, regardless of gender, race, or background.
We are a company built on constant innovation and development, which makes us exciting to be around. We’re in it together and want to see our customers, partners and colleagues succeed. Come and join us on our journey and help us transform the finance industry!
We’re proud to have been formally recognised by Great Place to Work as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces 2018 and 2019 – achieving 23rd place out of the 128 top ranked organisations. We are also ranked the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace for Women in UK and a centre of Excellence for Wellbeing.
As Director of Partner Acquisition for the UK region, you will be responsible to building and delivering key partnership opportunities that will help us attain our goal of funding £1bn per year by 2023.
Every potential partner has varying drivers for working with us and onboarding them will have unique impacts on our roadmaps and strategy. It’s essential in this role, therefore, to be able to commercially assess the viability and long-term benefits of each opportunity to ensure the right buy in across the business.
As well as running this pipeline of partnerships, you will also work closely with the ExCo and other senior leaders across Product, Data and Marketing to create new solutions, build businesses cases for new tech builds and crucially, to ensure that our partnerships approach is constantly evolving and serving the right purpose to propel the UK core business to new heights.
- Identifying key partners to work with in the UK in our key industries
- Completing partner viability assessments to obtain senior buy in across board
- Develop propositions and deliver launch plans achieving KPIs
- Commercial opportunity sizing with roadmap impacts considered
- Contract creation, negotiation and finalisation > summary to exco
- Schedule integration and go live around existing roadmap and resolve any conflicts/clashes
- Confident presentation of longer-term market opportunities to grow channel
- Manage partner activation process to ensure early key milestones hit in first 90 days
- Respond to introductions and ideas from other senior team members, analysed against existing opportunities and goals
- Develop partner conversations to resolve operational inefficiencies
- Ensure effective handover to Partner Development team post first 90 days execution
- Work closely with Product team to ensure we offer right products at the right time
- Provide sounds reasoning, opinions and inputs to wider business strategy
- Continuous prioritisation of partners and solutions to meet budget and timelines
- Defining and achieving annual OKRs, ensuring quarterly and team KPIs build into this
- Play key role in company culture including company induction, values, committees and events > be a culture carrier both internally and externally
- Coach and mentor junior team to spot commercial opportunities and assess viability
- Share vision and strategy regularly to ensure alignment and focus toward common goals
- Listen to and share feedback from team to senior colleagues to inform decisions
- Ensure PDPs in place and adequate training and support in place to develop talent
- Assist Chief Commercial Officer with agenda & content for partnerships meetings
- Oversee annual team off site activities to strengthen team performance and culture
- Be a culture carrier and strong example of leadership for both team and business units
Ideal Skills and experience:
- Track record in managing strategic accounts/partnerships
- Ability to procure and progress commercial opportunities through to execution
- Confident management of complex pipeline and changing priorities
- Ability to provide strategically sound inputs and plans in line with wider company goals
- Excellent negotiation skills that create win-win-wins
- Confident communicator both in external and internal settings to build vision
- Engaging, Passionate and Energetic in relation to evolving team and company culture
What we offer in return
- Excellent company benefits including pension scheme, health and life insurance and many others
- Performance related bonus
- Holiday entitlement - 25 days
- Extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, mental health framework, financial wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials
- Relaxed dress code – Jeans welcome!