Job Title: Sales and Operations Director
Reporting to: UK General Manager
We know that accessing finance can be a real headache for small businesses - but it doesn’t need to be. That’s why we’ve set out to help small businesses thrive, by building amazing technology that provides easy access to simple, flexible and fair finance.
Through our 11+ years of experience, our team of experts has grown with the changes and challenges of the small business world. Our technology is revolutionizing the way businesses offer and access finance, and so we’re trusted by our customers and partners because our platform and services directly solve their pain points.
We finance small businesses directly, and through key partnerships. Ultimately, we are small business champions and we’ll continue innovating to make finance accessible for all.
Liberis Finance is our small business facing brand. We offer flexible fair funding solutions to small businesses, including the Business Cash Advance and Funding Line. Small businesses love our finance solutions as they are paid back as their customers pay them, which for a business where cashflow can be unpredictable, is a real help!
What is it like to work for Liberis?
Liberis is currently a team of around 150 people globally, and we’re growing significantly month on month.
We endeavour to create a flexible work environment that provides all our employees with equal access to information, development and opportunity. And naturally, we are committed to a culturally diverse community and strongly encourage applications from all candidates, regardless of gender, race, or background.
We are a company built on constant innovation and development, which makes us exciting to be around. We’re in in together and want to see our customers, partners and colleagues succeed. Come and join us on our journey and help us transform the finance industry!
We’re proud to have been formally recognised by Great Place to Work as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces 2018 and 2019 – achieving 23rd place out of the 128 top ranked organisations. We are also ranked the 3rd Best (Medium) Workplace for Women in UK and a centre of Excellence for Wellbeing.
We’re looking for an exceptional individual to manage and develop our Sales, Customer Service, and Collections teams of circa 40 people. Based in Nottingham, and reporting to the UK General Manager, you’ll ensure the teams support our rapid growth, as well as improving their efficiency and effectiveness through process and automation.
We pride ourselves on the great service our customers experience in all their interactions with us, you will be responsible for driving that across all touchpoints. Within the UK, we operate in both Nottingham and London, so deciding how best to execute the strategy across those sites for your teams will also be key.
- Our business success relies on its operations: you will ensure they are fit for purpose and able to scale with our fast-growing goals.
- UK Sales: Conversion of leads generated across our partnerships and other channels into new customers. (Your primary Sales KPI will be conversion of Lead to Funded deal).
- In-life operations:
- Customer Service: ensuring our Customers can contact us with questions and complaints, and that they resolved promptly and accurately
- Re-engagement: monitoring and contacting customers who may fall behind with payments, to try and re-activate them.
- Renewals: execution of the renewals strategy through sales and funding operations
- Collections: ensuring our strategy for lapsed customers is fit for purpose
- Ensuring processes are developed and documented, and the team are trained and comply with them. Whilst we are not currently a regulated business in the UK, compliance with process is key and ensures a consistent customer experience.
- You will be responsible for driving down the Operations Cost per funded deal and develop strategies to reduce through efficiency, rework reduction, and automation
- Management of third-party suppliers: we work with a number of third-party suppliers who enable the Sales and Operations team. You will be responsible for managing these relationships and decide whether or not they need to change.
- Represent the Sales and Operations department at senior leadership level, and ensure it receives the investment and attention required to fulfil the aggressive business goals.
- Be the senior individual in the Nottingham site and hence set the culture, tone and environment.
- Balance a performance driven culture with our industry leading, friendly customer service approach. We always look after treating our customers fairly and we work from principles of good compliance and governance
Ideal Skills and experience:
- Strong leader and have a natural ability to motivate and inspire people
- Experience of working in a fast-growing business ideally in the financial services sector
- Managed operations teams ideally across both initial sales and customer experience
- Experience of managing sales teams to tight KPIs and incentivising the right performance
- Ability to work with the team at all levels, in an open office setting, within a highly collaborative environment and start-up culture
What we offer in return
- Excellent company benefits including pension scheme, health and life insurance and many others
- Performance related bonus
- Holiday entitlement - 25 days
- Company wellbeing programme – running club, nutritionist sessions, free fruit and healthy snacks, mental health framework, financial wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials
- Relaxed dress code – Jeans welcome!