We are looking for Magento Developers in the Mumbai area to form a new crack team of developers for both UK client and internal product development Magento projects. Candidates must thrive in fast paced, team-oriented working environments.
You must able to install and configure Magento 1 and 2 websites, create custom Magento modules using object-oriented PHP and Magento APIs, and implement custom skins and front–end templates.
While adhering to best practices, you will work on new ecommerce projects, from initial business development and discovery phases through implementation and deployment of the completed project, as well as help maintain and enhance existing ecommerce websites. You will have a passion for researching and learning about the latest digital technologies and applications.
You can collaborate effectively with team members in-office and remotely, handle a fast-paced environment, and thrive amidst the stresses that sometimes comes with 24/7 ecommerce website operations. You will work on complex, cutting edge ecommerce applications for exciting brands in fashion, technology, and consumer packaged goods.
You will be a hard working, committed, passionate individual, who believes in our company goals and take responsibility for their input into making us a success.
Your work will include:
- Performing a mix of front-end and back-end development on new and existing Magento websites and modules.
- Developing new integrations and custom extensions.
- Troubleshooting and resolving bugs found in existing Magento Installations.
- Integrating Magento with other third-party systems.
- Reporting project status and updates to IT and business management.
- Supporting the maintenance and technical configuration of ecommerce environments.
- Acting independently on the majority of functional and processes tasks with minimal supervision or assistance.
- Communicating with the business, vendors, and other IT team members for troubleshooting and enhancements/upgrades.
We’re looking for developers who have:
- At least 2-4 years of experience working with Magento 1.x.
- At least some working knowledge of Magento 2.x.
- Skilled with all aspects of Magento setup, optimization and configuration.
- Knowledge of Magento development best practices, including extending existing functionality, creating custom modules, working with its API, theming hierarchy, code structure, extension architecture, and the Model-View-Controller (MVC) architectural pattern.
- Proven experience building custom Magento extensions.
- Proven experience with customer theming of Magento stores.
- Experience integrating Magento with other third-party systems (ERP, WHM, Logistics, APIs).
- Experience using PHP to create and consume web services (e.g. SOAP, REST) .
- Solid experience interacting with MySQL database systems through abstraction layer .
- Knowledge of Git and version control best practices.