Business Development Manager
We are reinventing B2B media and events, committed to connecting buyers and sellers in B2B markets globally. Our people, technology led approach and our commitment to innovation set us apart.
Staying up to date in a fast changing industry is a major challenge for professional executives. We develop smart ways to curate and create content that cuts through the noise and captures the attention of busy executives to help them succeed in their roles.
In turn, we offer content marketing solutions to suppliers that want to influence these communities, a cost-effective, reliable, scalable source of qualified leads. We aim to become a long term, retained partner with leading suppliers in each of our markets.
Our point of difference is that we use a proprietary technology stack to track engagement online which allows us to offer personalized experiences to professionals, which leads to higher engagement online. Our technology also allows us to nurture leads until they are marketing qualified, ready for an introduction to an appropriate supplier.
Our current communities are in Fintech, Digital Marketing, HR and Finance. We want to have a reputation for building the best communities, appreciated by professionals and suppliers alike.
Founded in 2012, we now have around 80 employees across London and New York and continue to grow. We are backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group, leading technology investors with annual sales of over £300M.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking self-starters with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
We will offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To find out more, please visit:
The Business Development Manager has a sharp focus on sponsorship revenue, both new business and our existing customer-base across the HRD brand across our Summits, Awards & Digital Platform.
- Achieve and exceed monthly and quarterly revenue targets. Taking ownership of the overall Event Revenue Target
- Achieve weekly and monthly customer productivity targets through smart prospecting, both on the phone and face-to-face.
- Actively manage all customer accounts to build long-term partnerships for growth
- Work with the production & content team in order to immerse yourself in the HRD Marketplace, becoming a specialist in your field.
- Build relationships and engage in in-depth, consultative conversations with clients to understand their medium-term marketing objectives and identify selling opportunities.
Process, planning & reporting
- Create and develop sales strategy to achieve your qualitative & quantitative objectives.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure the campaign is adequately supported by a schedule of high-quality vendor marketing activity;
- Plan and execute customer coverage to maximise the opportunity for renewal and upsell revenue for future event & digital
- Produce and distribute a weekly report covering pipeline, market trends and intelligence, customer wins and planned activity
- Collaborate with sales colleagues; company management; product managers; editorial; marketing and development teams to ensure that commercial objectives are clearly articulated and incorporated into wider plans for HRD brand
- Ensure that our clients’ marketing goals and our commercial packages align by continuously "interrogating" our client base.
- Support the development easy access, appropriate, high-quality up-to-date sales collateral.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to effectively engage and communicate at all levels, including demonstrable experience in face to face sales meetings;
- Ability to prepare and present high-quality sales propositions;
- Proactive, self-motivated with ability to work independently and within a team;
- Highly organised with excellent time-management skills;
- Ability to fully understand and convey value propositions;
- PC skills including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and familiarity with CRM systems, ideally Salesforce.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
Humble and Social
Diverse and inclusive.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A dynamic start-up environment
- 25 days of paid holidays (plus a Birthday Day and an additional day off around Christmas)
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home once a week
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary.
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible Benefits: Private Medical, Private Dental, Gym Subsidiaries, Cycle to Work Scheme, Travel Account, Group Health Assessment Scheme, Group Cash Plan Scheme
- Free fruit every day
- Free lunch on a Wednesday
- A prosecco and beer fridge every Friday
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
Our approach and style is professional yet down to earth. Whilst challenging, we hope the process will be as engaging and insightful for you as it will be for us.
Individuals seeking employment at Contentive must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone