Blenheim Chalcot is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We build tech start-ups that are geared to disrupt and transform sectors. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and our infrastructure.
Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries covering FinTech, EdTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. You may have heard of some of our growing businesses such as ClearScore, Agilisys, Instrumental, Hive Learning and the Rajasthan Royals.
The jewel in our crown is our venture builder services team, which exists to support our ventures to be successful more quickly and more sustainably than others, giving them an ‘unfair advantage’ over the competition. It provides a range of services to help new business get off the ground, including technology, HR and talent, sales and marketing, finance, legal and tax.
Our portfolio represents sales of over £300 million, £850 million of assets under management, more than 3,000 employees and a successful track record of over 40 companies. We currently have a portfolio of 20 companies varying in stage from seed to venture to growth, based in our offices across London, Nottingham, New York and Mumbai.
IMPACT BEYOND PROFIT
Building profitable digital businesses isn’t our sole focus. We are also involved in a range of charitable activities – with colleagues engaged in mental health initiatives, the education of girls in the developing world, building 21st century youth facilities in deprived areas, and supporting charities with the use of digital technologies.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
- Never stop looking for a better way of doing things; be curious
- Building businesses is fast-paced and fluid; be nimble
- Sharing knowledge and networks builds better businesses; be collaborative
- Understand getting the best out of people is better for everyone; be supportive
- The best ideas aren’t always your own; seek diversity
- Decisions should be driven by analytics and customer insight; embrace data
- Keep going when the going gets tough, be open to feedback and willingness to change and experiment; be resilient
- Keep promises, drive to achieve, commit to deliver high quality work; be dependable
- Knowing why we are doing something and that it matters makes us better at what we do: be clear on
We are looking for someone to take on the role of Compliance Analyst, a new exciting opening to deliver Compliance excellence, both to the investment team and wider BC portfolio . The successful candidate will be part of a growing compliance and risk team.
The candidate will be responsible for the Compliance offering to Blenheim Chalcot and its portfolio companies, currently comprising of one compliance director. Currently, the compliance function is very much focussed around BC’s investment activity, however the intention is to broaden the remit to both assist the portfolio companies with regulatory applications and advice, but also to identify and help to mitigate risk.
The successful candidate would ideally have the following:
- At least 3 years-experience of working in a regulatory function
- The candidate would be comfortable working independently and be able to manage a number of projects at the same time
- As BC continues to grow as a business, we would expect the compliance and risk function to grow in line with this. This therefore is a fantastic opportunity for someone to help mould this team and to become an integral member of it
- Review and take ownership of the compliance monitoring program
- Take ownership of the regulatory application process
- Assist the compliance director with reporting to the BC partners
- Be involved and take ownership of ad-hoc projects
- Build relationships across BC, particularly with the legal and investments team
- Critically evaluate existing policy and procedures and be confident to propose alternative ideas
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in giving their own view on compliance matters and show a desire to grow along with the team and BC generally. It is essential that successful applicant is comfortable working on several projects at once and be willing to be agile around priorities. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- A CISI regulatory qualification – this is preferable although not essential
- At least 3 years of regulatory experience
- Have experience of developing a compliance monitoring program
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success;
- Be comfortable in a fluid, progressive and dynamic, change orientated environment, and able to deploy:
- a proactive and confident approach;
- excellent communication and organisation skills
- Strong report writing skills
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Be part of the UK’s leading digital venture builder and have the opportunity tobe a part of and learn from the incredible talent in BC
- Be exposed to the right mix of challenges and learning and development opportunities, including secondments and the opportunity to move around VBS or/and its ventures
- A fun and open, if a little cricket obsessed, atmosphere
- Discretionary XX% bonus
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary. Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Benefits: Private Medical, Gym Subsidies, Dental Cashplan
- Free fruit every day
We have a rigorous recruitment process which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent. Our process includes:
First round – two interviews with a combination of Managers, peers and HR and a psychometric test
Second round – Interviews with Directors and a case study
Our timeline for this recruitment is outlined below and we would recommend you set aside the dates listed for interviews to ensure your availability. If you are already aware of any challenges with the dates mentioned below, please let us know with your application.
Due to the rapidly increasing volume of work, this is an important hire for the Compliance team and as such, we are ideally looking for someone who is available as soon as possible
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone