Job Title: Partner Development Manager – Broker
Reporting into: Head of Broker & Affiliates
Territory: East-Midlands, West-Midlands, North West, North East
Location: The Poynt, North, Wollaton Road, Nottingham
Liberis is an award-winning business ﬁnance provider on a mission to transform small business funding through technology, data and global partnerships.
We deliver ﬁnance solutions directly to small businesses, and provide a scalable, ﬁnance platform for partners to help them build more valuable relationships with their small business customers. Our technology is revolutionising the way businesses oﬀer and access ﬁnance by being easy to access, understand and use.
Over the last eleven years, we’ve helped over 10,000 small businesses across the glove, providing them with over £300m in funding and supporting 82,000 jobs.
We are a dynamic and fast paced company and are looking for a Partner Development Territory Manager to join our growing Partnerships team.
What’s is it like to work for Liberis?
The Liberis family sits across two UK offices, 6 teams, and around 100 people – and we’re growing significantly month on month!
With our staff at the very heart of what we do, we’re dedicated to fostering a flexible work environment that provides all our employees with equal access to information, development and opportunity. Not to mention our active commitment to mental well-being and employee diversity in the workplace; encouraging applications from all candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion or background.
Earlier this year we were also formally recognised by Great Place To Work as one of the UK’s Best Medium Workplaces 2018 – achieving 21st place in the 128 top ranked organisations.
As the biggest Business Cash Advance funder in the UK, we’re on a mission to redefine the meaning of the funder-partner relationship alongside each and every one of their businesses as they help bridge the gap in funding for UK SME’s.
Working alongside over 300 financial brokers & intermediaries across the nation, the role will see you assume full responsibility and management of a geographical portfolio of Broker Partner relationships, a role which is critical to the ongoing success of our UK based partners.
Your core duties will focus on in-field management of your Broker portfolio to elicit ongoing customer introductions. Through value-added & driven support activity you will uncover what makes our Brokers tick, combining strategy and initiative to ensure we continuously support and power their growth ambitions (in turn delivering against financial and operational ambitions). You will also have full remit to identify and pursue new business development opportunities within your Territory alongside the Head of Broker & Affiliates.
This is an exciting time for the business as we look to continue to offer our market leading partner proposition and diversify into new products and channels. Integrated with our Brokers out in the field, you will also have full remit to feedback directly into new product development and generation of new solutions across the company to boost growth within the portfolio. Likewise, you will have direct input and creative remit with our Partnership Marketing team in order to ensure we define and deliver the support our Brokers require in the field.
Processes and systems will change, the pace will be fast moving and we need people who can deliver a driven effort day in and day out, and not be afraid of rolling up their proverbial sleeves and getting stuck in.
Your responsibility will be definable through 3 key activities;
- Ensure growth and development within our existing Broker portfolio via dedicated account management;
- Grow the number of customers introduced/referred from these partners;
- And finally, grow the number of Brokers/financial intermediaries referring business within your territory.
Day to day you will also be tasked with;
- Building strong, long-lasting relationships with new and existing partners alike
- Use tools such as LinkedIn, Industry news and events alongside networking to identify and board suitable and profitable new Brokers
- Taking full ownership to handle everything from account queries to interaction with the Partner Pipeline Team to ensure progression of applications from an initial enquiry right through to funding
- Formulation of long-term strategic goals, conversion benchmarks, and initiatives across your portfolio.
- Implementing account plans for both new and existing Brokers to reach goals and benchmarks consistently
- Manage end-to-end boarding, commercial sign-off and administration of Broker Partnerships
- Confident and professional delivery of company and product benefits at key client meetings, internal meetings and external events
- Constant platform analysis on to ensure Liberis brand, USP’s and market position is optimized, including competitor analysis
- Provide training and best practice to both new and existing Brokers on our product & process
- Attend Partnership events as a presentable, confident and valuable representative for the team
Your success in the role will also be underpinned through exception internal stakeholder interaction, including liaison with;
- The Partnership Marketing team to design, develop and deliver a suite of collateral and assets, empowering your portfolio with go-to-market content
- The Product, Platform, and Development teams to ensure a frictionless introduction experience via the Liberis Partner Portal across your portfolio
- The Data Science & Analytics teams to understand new trends across your portfolio, and develop, understand and highlight opportunities to drive results via new initiatives.
- The Partner Pipeline team to ensure smooth progression across your portfolio introductions, uncover any developing trends, and implement solution-based initiatives to amplify or mitigate.
- The Finance and Funding teams to ensure that both customer funding and partner commercial agreements are managed.
Skills and Experience Required
You will be a strategically driven, efficient and analytical candidate with the ability to tackle this role head on, but most importantly someone who has territory-based experience in building relationships and managing key accounts to achieve growth and provide a best in class service.
Core skills and experience will include:
- Previous account management experience, managing new and existing partner’s interests in a geographically based client facing role
- Be comfortable working in a distributed environment, with travel to partners in the field core to the role
- Preferable understanding of the alternative finance, acquiring, or payment processing industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to sustain effective relationships both internally and externally
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, target driven, time conscious, and energetic
- The ability to act proactively and with limited direct supervision, while at the same time recognizing the need to escalate as and when necessary
- Confident and adaptable outlook
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Great with PowerPoint and Excel
- Analytically/numerically minded
- Experience using Salesforce
What we offer in return
Excellent company benefits including:
- Performance related bonus
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Holiday entitlement - 22 days, increasing by one day a year up to 25 days
- Extra 3 days holiday to cover the Christmas period
- Pension scheme
- Various salarysacrificeschemes including cycle to work
- Company wellness programme – running club, football team, nutritionist sessions, free fruit, breakfast and healthy snacks, subsidised food at the Hive, which is a five-minute walk from our London office
- Flexible working
- Team away days
- Regular company socials
- Relaxed dress code – Jeans welcome!