Blenheim Chalcot (BC) is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We build tech start-ups that are geared to disrupt and transform sectors. Over the years, we have built over 40 businesses at the forefront of a multitude of industries covering FinTech, EdTech, Media, Sport and more. Today, Blenheim Chalcot’s companies have sales of over £350m.
It is a cohesive group and we have a strong culture built around curious, engaging and innovative people. Working alongside entrepreneurs and co-founders, we support our ventures from start-up to scale to exit, giving them access to the global networks and services they need to grow.
We host our startups in an incubator; a 30,000 sq ft venture hub office in Hammersmith, home to a buzzing mix of fast growth digital start-ups. We currently have around 20 companies in the portfolio who vary in stage from seed to venture to growth.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive-thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do.
We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant to provide outstanding 1:1 CEO support in our portfolio.This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and ambitious business at an exciting time of growth. The CEO’s role is broad and as such needs someone who is keen to go beyond a typical diary EA role and get involved with a variety of areas of the business, such as business operations and events.
- Responsible for managing a busy diary with many conflicting priorities – able to resolve clashes swiftly and troubleshoot or escalate where needed
- Working collaboratively with the CEO to make best use of time, always ensuring it aligns with key priorities and objectives.
- Developing a good understanding of business priorities, in order to support in setting agendas for weekly management meetings, taking minutes and actions at key meetings and ensuring follow up
- Proactively assisting with document creation and maintenance
- Preparing and collating information for board packs via Powerpoint
- Drafting variety of business communications on behalf of CEO
- Facilitating the seamless running of every day greeting guests, preparing meeting rooms, timekeeping etc
- Supporting with a wide variety of internal and external events (Team Huddles, Learning Days, evening networking, annual conferences)
- Liaising both internally and externally with network, key stakeholders and clients
- Co-ordinating travel, hotels, visas
- As with this type of role, ad hoc tasks as required, sometimes of a personal nature
- Ideally 3+ years of experience in a similar position, but would consider candidate with a strong set of transferrable skills
- Great commercial awareness
- Excellent MS Outlook/Word/Powerpoint/Sharepoint skills
- First-rate written and verbal English, comfortable with drafting high-quality business correspondence
- Experience within a start-up culture ideal but not essential
- Highly organised and systematic
- Able to troubleshoot issues before they become problematic, and proactively anticipate priorities
- Ability to exercise discreetness around sensitive and business issues
- Supreme efficiency and attention to detail with the ability to adeptly multi-task
- Patience, tenacity and flexibility, with a calm and "unflappable" nature
- Self-initiative solution driven and able to think quickly on your feet
- "No task too small" attitude, happy to get stuck in and get things done
- Ability to build positive working relationships and work well with colleagues and stakeholders at all seniorities