Audience Development Manager
Location: I-Hub White City, London
We are reinventing B2B media and events, committed to connecting buyers and sellers in B2B markets globally. Our people, technology led approach and our commitment to innovation set us apart.
Staying up to date in a fast changing industry is a major challenge for professional executives. We develop smart ways to curate and create content that cuts through the noise and captures the attention of busy executives to help them succeed in their roles.
In turn, we offer content marketing solutions to suppliers that want to influence these communities, a cost-effective, reliable, scalable source of qualified leads. We aim to become a long term, retained partner with leading suppliers in each of our markets.
Our point of difference is that we use a proprietary technology stack to track engagement online which allows us to offer personalized experiences to professionals, which leads to higher engagement online. Our technology also allows us to nurture leads until they are marketing qualified, ready for an introduction to an appropriate supplier.
Our current communities are in Fintech, Digital Marketing, HR and Finance. We want to have a reputation for building the best communities, appreciated by professionals and suppliers alike.
Founded in 2012, we now have around 80 employees across London and New York and continue to grow. We are backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group, leading technology investors with annual sales of over £300M.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking self-starters with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
We will offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To find out more, please visit:
The Audience Development Manager will be the champion of our audience data across all our media portals. It is a marketing role, reporting to the Content Director. The position also works closely with the editorial, marketing and sales teams.
This is an ideal role for well-rounded and experienced digital marketer which requires a balanced skill set with a great knowledge of audience data analysis techniques, content development, SEO (including technical SEO skills and an understanding of keyword research, content strategy and link-building tactics), video, email marketing and social media.
A deep knowledge of Marketing Automation platforms (Marketo), process, data management and best practices in marketing automation is also needed. In addition to this, the candidate should be excellent and web analytics and MI.
The role will focus on the development of the right audience for each media portal and will aim to drive user engagement across our platforms. You must also have excellent research skills, and an ability to interpret data in a way that allows you to generate precise and actionable strategies that have a strong chance of success.
You should also be comfortable taking on seemingly difficult challenges and embrace the ambition of growing audience numbers by significant percentages.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate as we are now in rapid growth with opportunities to work with an incredibly fast growing business.
- Analysis of audience profile for each community – this should include demographic, firmographic, interest data and engagement with our content.
- Definition of ideal audience profile by working closely with the sales and editorial teams. The aim is to focus on:
- User profiles we should target (job role, function, seniority, buying power…)
- Companies we are aiming to attract in our marketing universe
- Main topics of interest / pain points of our target audience to shape editorial calendar
- Development of our audiences by focusing on:
- Data research or data buying to grow our communities with the relevant marketing contacts
- Data enrichment for existing contacts by leveraging technology or research teams
- Development of audience engagement techniques and strategy to develop a clear content strategy in order to keep our target audiences engaged.
- Development of a weekly content report for each portal highlighting performance of our content
- Analysis of key trends and hot topics – to be fed back to our managing editors, sales team and senior leadership team
- Analysis of overall user engagement to fully understand how each user is engaging with our content and to cluster users to allow for re-engagement campaigns to be set-up.
- Development of re-engagement programmes by working closely with the editorial team in order to re-engage portions of our audiences that have previously disengaged.
- Feed into company product development with a view to applying best practice and driving engagement by developing new products or marketing techniques.
- Develop and share key KPIs for each audience with the managing editors, sales team and wider senior leadership team, including weekly website traffic (key trends, channel performance and insights into how to improve the performance of our media portals) and weekly content engagement report (develop understanding of what content is resonating with our audience)
- Be an advocate for video, audio, social media and SEO and drive through the strategic approach and implementation of activities across the business.
- Drive amplification of digital content
- Running editorial workshops to feed audience engagement data back to the wider team
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
Suitable candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- 2-3 years hands-on of experience in digital marketing in a B2B environment (media / publishing).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Robust analytical skills, MS Excel, and reporting data in effective formats, including visually.
- Experience of web analytics (Google Analytics)
- Excellent SEO and keyword research skills
- Results driven
- Interpersonal skills – the ability to get on with and earn the respect of a wide variety of people at all levels of seniority
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic start-up environment
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary. Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits: Cobans, Private Medical, Gym Subsidiaries
- Free fruit every day
Our approach and style is professional yet down to earth. Whilst challenging, we hope the process will be as engaging and insightful for you as it will be for us.
Individuals seeking employment at Contentive must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone