Blenheim Chalcot is the UK’s leading digital venture builder. We build tech start-ups that are geared to disrupt and transform sectors. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge and experience, our ideas and our infrastructure.
Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries covering FinTech, EdTech, Media, Sport, Charity and more. You may have heard of some of our growing businesses such as ClearScore, Agilisys, Instrumental, Hive Learning and the Rajasthan Royals.
The jewel in our crown is our venture builder services team, which exists to support our ventures to be successful more quickly and more sustainably than others, giving them an ‘unfair advantage’ over the competition. It provides a range of services to help new business get off the ground, including technology, HR and talent, sales and marketing, finance, legal and tax.
Our portfolio represents sales of over £300 million, £850 million of assets under management, more than 3,000 employees and a successful track record of over 40 companies. We currently have a portfolio of 20 companies varying in stage from seed to venture to growth, based in our offices across London, Nottingham, New York and Mumbai.
IMPACT BEYOND PROFIT
Building profitable digital businesses isn’t our sole focus. We are also involved in a range of charitable activities – with colleagues engaged in mental health initiatives, the education of girls in the developing world, building 21st century youth facilities in deprived areas, and supporting charities with the use of digital technologies.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
- Never stop looking for a better way of doing things; be curious
- Building businesses is fast-paced and fluid; be nimble
- Sharing knowledge and networks builds better businesses; be collaborative
- Understand getting the best out of people is better for everyone; be supportive
- The best ideas aren’t always your own; seek diversity
- Decisions should be driven by analytics and customer insight; embrace data
- Keep going when the going gets tough, be open to feedback and willingness to change and experiment; be resilient
- Keep promises, drive to achieve, commit to deliver high quality work; be dependable
- Knowing why we are doing something and that it matters makes us better at what we do: be clear on
We are looking for someone to take on the role of “Financial Accountant”, a new exciting opening within the Blenheim Chalcot Finance team which will support the Financial Controller and work closely with the Blenheim Chalcot Shared Services Centre in India . The successful Financial Accountant will assist the team to provide Blenheim Chalcot Senior Management with timely and accurate Financial information and analysis for which to base key operational and financial decisions upon. The Financial Accountant will also assist with streamlining and developing the current processes and ensuring that all statutory obligations are met.
As a Finance function we are responsible for financial management of expenditure and obligations (including operating expenses, debt, payroll) receipting and depositing all revenues. The focus is to provide relevant insight to support the businesses make informed decisions. We provide a finance service that incorporates offshore finance shared services, finance platform and commercial finance support focusing on quality, timeliness, customer and commercial sustainability and growth.
The team is made up of project management expertise, systems specialists and finance professionals who share ideas, best practice and more importantly work together in making improvements.
- Monthly review of Management Accounts
- Monthly review and approval of Payroll for outsourced Payroll provider
- Weekly reporting of Business cashflows for strategic decision making
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts for all legal entities and first point of contact for the external Audit team
- Suggest and implement new processes to deliver an enhanced service to Clients
- Develop and build Relationship with Shared Service Centre
- Support the Group Financial Controller with ad hoc financial analysis and projects as appropriate
The ideal candidate will be a qualified finance professional with excellent book keeping and communication skills. It is essential that successful applicant is comfortable in dealing with Stakeholders of all level both in person and via phone/email as well as having high attention to detail.
Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- ACCA, ACA qualified
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have worked in a fast-paced entrepreneurial progressive business
- Experience in working with offshore shared services and co-ordinating with local finance teams
- Have a track record in process and system improvement with ability to focus on improving performance
- Commitment and sound financial judgment and knowledge of accounting standards and financial procedures and systems
- Understanding of operating all functions of a finance department
- Experience of leading change, ability to rise to a range of challenges and facilitating a positive attitude and resilience
- Previous Statutory Accounting experience
- Practice background
- Experience in dealing with a range of Stakeholders, including non-finance individuals
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success;
- Be comfortable in a fluid, progressive and dynamic, change orientated environment, and able to deploy;
- A proactive and confident approach;
- Excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Dynamic, insightful and influential with the ability to operate at strategic and operational levels
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Be part of the UK’s leading digital venture builder and have the opportunity to be a part of and learn from the incredible talent in BC
- Be exposed to the right mix of challenges and learning and development opportunities, including secondments and the opportunity to move around VBS or/and its ventures
- A fun and open, if a little cricket obsessed, atmosphere
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary. Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits: Private Medical, Gym Subsidiaries, Dental Cashplan
- Free fruit every day
We have a rigorous recruitment process which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent. Our process includes:
First round – two interviews with a combination of HR, Financial Controller and CFO
Our timeline for this recruitment is outlined below and we would recommend you set aside the dates listed for interviews to ensure your availability. If you are already aware of any challenges with the dates mentioned below, please let us know with your application.
- We would be keen for the candidate to start as soon as possible
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone