RESEARCHER – Marketing Executive
RESEARCHER’s mission is to connect scientists to the people, tools and information they need to make bigger and faster breakthroughs. Our mission revolves around four key beliefs about science and research - it should be easy to discover, share, use and measure.
RESEARCHER wants to make it as easy and efficient as possible for you to discover the papers that are relevant to your research and teaching – so you can spend more time making advances and less time searching for papers.
RESEARCHER transforms the way knowledge is discovered, shared and used in academic and scientific research. Since launching a mobile app in mid-2017, RESEARCHER has grown quickly to become a must-have tool for scientists and academics with now more than 480,000 users globally. The app integrates feeds from thousands of sources and applies machine learning to enable users to easily discover highly relevant research papers.
RESEARCHER is a Blenheim Chalcot company. Founded in 1998, Blenheim Chalcot specialises in building digital businesses that transform industries. It has portfolio sales of over £300m, more than 3,000 employees, and a successful track record of over 40 companies.
Find out more at www.researcher-app.com
We are excited to be opening up the role of a Marketing Executive at RESEARCHER. We are looking for someone to join us and make a difference in our small and dynamic team.
The Marketing Executive will have a fantastic opportunity to grow professionally, learn and apply the latest trends and innovations in marketing and technology, and make impact from day one. You will be influencing marketing strategy, creating and running marketing campaigns, and nurturing RESEARCHER’s relationship with our users.
This role requires a combination of analytical skills and out of the box thinking. You should be able to dive into data, tackle problems, discover opportunities, optimise campaigns, and work closely with the rest of the team to develop highly optimised campaigns for various channels and customers.
You can expect to spend your time:
- Running marketing and social media campaigns, including paid search and paid social
- Giving your input for RESEARCHER’s marketing strategy
- Reaching out to and replying to users’ feedback and queries
- Attending promotional events
- Analysing and reporting on marketing and product metrics
- Reaching out to heads of departments, administrators, lecturers and professors
It is essential that you have:
- Experience creating and running paid marketing campaigns, optimising and reporting on their effectiveness
- Experience with analytics platforms including Google Analytics
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new skills, try new channels and tactics, and develop yourself professionally
- Ability to work independently as well as with the wider organisation to reach shared objectives
- A high degree of professionalism and accountability
- The ability to write high quality, error-free English
- A good academic record, with at least a 2:1
- An excellent understanding of RESEARCHER and the user problem it solves.
- The position reports to the Marketing Manager