Location: I-Hub White City, London
We are reinventing B2B media and events, committed to connecting buyers and sellers in B2B markets globally. Our people, technology led approach and our commitment to innovation set us apart.
Staying up to date in a fast changing industry is a major challenge for professional executives. We develop smart ways to curate and create content that cuts through the noise and captures the attention of busy executives to help them succeed in their roles.
In turn, we offer content marketing solutions to suppliers that want to influence these communities, a cost-effective, reliable, scalable source of qualified leads. We aim to become a long term, retained partner with leading suppliers in each of our markets.
Our point of difference is that we use a proprietary technology stack to track engagement online which allows us to offer personalized experiences to professionals, which leads to higher engagement online. Our technology also allows us to nurture leads until they are marketing qualified, ready for an introduction to an appropriate supplier.
Our current communities are in Fintech, Digital Marketing, HR and Finance. We want to have a reputation for building the best communities, appreciated by professionals and suppliers alike.
Founded in 2012, we now have around 80 employees across London and New York and continue to grow. We are backed by the Blenheim Chalcot group, leading technology investors with annual sales of over £300M.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking self-starters with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
We will offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
To find out more, please visit:
About the titles
Accountancy Age, Financial Director, and The Global Treasurer bring together finance professionals operating in each of these key sectors, and provide news and features on regulations, market forces, and the key technological developments that serve them.
A new role has been created to lead the journalism department that serves our audience of finance professionals across our core market-leading brands: Accountancy Age, Financial Director, and The Global Treasurer. The Editor will oversee an editorial team of seven and will also work closely with the commercial team on the creation of thought leadership products.
Reporting to the finance portfolio director the Editor will be expected to set a long term strategic agenda to help deliver on three key objectives:
- To ensure our publications are the go-to place for professionals seeking intelligence on business-critical technology in their market
- Position each brand as the number one in its market, and ensure readership growth
- Double revenues over the next two years
To get there we need to deliver the best possible content to our audiences.
The successful candidate will be a natural leader of people who inspires creativity, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and tackles tough decisions head-on. The Editor will be the face of Accountancy Age, Financial Director, and The Global Treasurer, who will attend and confidentially speak at industry events. The position requires a business mind, willing to work with the commercial team, attend client meetings, and deliver thought leadership ideas.
- Create and deliver a content strategy for each brand
- Structure the content team for each brand and maintain a clear team setup so that all members understand the purpose of their role
- Set clear standards for the content team
- Create and run an editorial board for each brand
- Be the face of Accountancy Age, Financial Director, and The Global Treasurer
- Consult with the event team to devise new products
- Work with the finance portfolio director to launch a Finance Thought Leadership business; working closely with the commercial team to help formulate editorial pitches to clients, commissioning and overseeing all Thought Leadership products (whitepaper / sponsored reports, video, infographics, surveys, roundtables, panel debates etc).
- Build and maintain external relationships
- Creating market-leading narratives across the brands
- Liaising with clients and industry leaders to deliver multimedia projects
- Setting the standard among the editorial team
- Putting forward medium and long term strategic initiatives for the editorial and commercial teams
- Work with the commercial sales manager to set and hit specific quarterly and annual targets for specific projects
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an editorial leadership role. It is essential that the successful applicant is comfortable planning and delivering long term editorial strategy. Excellent stakeholder management experience is essential to being successful in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrable experience heading an editorial team within the B2B marketplace
- Ability to create and drive content initiatives
- Knowledge or interest in financial markets an advantage
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success;
- Be comfortable in a fluid, progressive and dynamic, change orientated environment, and able to deploy:
- a proactive and confident approach;
- excellent communication and organisation skills;
- Dynamic, insightful and influential with the ability to operate at strategic and operational levels.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative – we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do – if that sounds like you, you’ll fit right in!
- Flexible mindset
- Humble and Social
- Diverse and inclusive.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- The right mix of challenges, learning and development opportunities
- Dynamic start-up environment
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life Assurance – 4 x annual salary. Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible Benefits: Cobans, Private Medical, Gym Subsidiaries
- Free fruit every day
Our approach and style is professional yet down to earth. Whilst challenging, we hope the process will be as engaging and insightful for you as it will be for us.
Individuals seeking employment at Contentive must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace and delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce and actively encourage applications from anyone and everyone