BitGo - Chief Trust Officer - Sioux Falls, SD
BitGo is the leader in custody and security solutions and is the largest independent digital asset custodian in the world. Founded in 2013, BitGo is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets and established BitGo New York Trust in 2021. BitGo also offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services and supports over 400 digital assets on its platform. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many of the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms.
BitGo/BitGo Trust Company is currently looking to hire a Chief Trust Officer to work out of Sioux Falls, SD. This role is a fully on-site position and will report directly into the President & CEO of BitGo Trust. The Chief Trust Officer role is a great opportunity for experienced Trust Officers/Managers who have previous experience managing a growing team while also serving as a key cross-functional leader of a rapidly growing cryptocurrency firm.
- Responsible for oversight of all accounts under administration.
- Leading and managing a team of Trust Officers who aim to provide high-quality customer service by owning, monitoring, and improving customer service, handling customer inquiries, managing client communications throughout the entire customer relationship experience.
- Serving as a key hiring manager/decision maker for both direct reports (Trust Officers) and employees on other teams within BitGo Trust and BitGo Inc.
- Develop strong rapport with employees at all levels, especially the leadership & executive teams for BitGo Trust and BitGo Inc.
- Work as a cross-functional leader/main point of representation for the Trust Officer team
- Work with sales team members/leaders and assist with answering questions and fulfilling requests for more information.
- Handle any complaints and provide regular customer feedback to the entire team.
- Streamline the onboarding process and customer service process by identifying problems and achieving best resolution.
- Strategically develop processes and procedures for new products and services.
- Develop and maintain expertise in the products and services offered to clients.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and an advanced degree or certification
- 10+ years of customer relationship service and 5+ years of experience working at a trust company
- Prior experience managing (and scaling) a team of direct reports is required
- Highly effective verbal and written communications
- Strong customer service skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly organized with work tools like emails, spreadsheets, databases
- Extremely high sense of urgency when servicing external and internal clients
- Analytical skills, positive attitude, listening and problem-solving skills
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and stock options
- 100% company-paid health insurance for employee, spouse/partner, and children (medical, vision, dental, life, FSA, HSA)
- 401k company match up to 5%
- Catered custom lunches, fresh snacks, and gourmet coffee at the office
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Generous paid time off
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment