BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, the leading global stablecoin for Bitcoin. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 600 coins and tokens. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 1500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
We are seeking an experienced Cryptographer with strong knowledge of Threshold Signature Schemes (TSS) and Multi-Party Computation (MPC) to join our team. The Cryptographer will be responsible for designing and auditing implementations of cryptographic algorithms and protocols. They will work closely with other security experts, software developers, and product managers to ensure that our products and systems are protected against attacks, data breaches, and other security threats.
- Design, implement and maintain cryptographic algorithms and protocols based on TSS and MPC.
- Conduct research to stay up-to-date on the latest advancements in cryptographic technology and apply them where necessary.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate cryptographic solutions into existing products or to develop new ones.
- Work with software developers to ensure proper implementation and integration of cryptographic algorithms into software systems.
- Analyze potential vulnerabilities in cryptographic systems and recommend solutions to mitigate these risks.
- Conduct security audits and penetration testing to identify and address potential weaknesses in cryptographic systems.
- Develop and maintain documentation on cryptographic protocols and implementations.
- Participate in the development of security policies and standards for the organization.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Mathematics, Cryptography, Computer Science, or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience working in cryptography, with a focus on TSS and MPC.
- Strong understanding of cryptographic algorithms and protocols such as RSA, ECC, AES, and SHA.
- Experience in designing and implementing cryptographic solutions for enterprise-level systems.
- Familiarity with security best practices and standards, such as ISO 27001, NIST, and FIPS.
- Programming skills in one or more programming languages such as C, C++, Java, or Python is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with your resume and cover letter. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified candidates to apply.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits* of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 4% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- *Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending upon your leveling and location, the compensation for this role averages between $140,000 - $240,000 USD base salary. Equity, an annual performance bonus and the benefits outlined below are also a part of this role's package.