Do you love bringing characters, creatures and worlds to life? Want to work with a top-notch team of brilliant creative folks on an epic show? At Bardel, our greatest asset is our people. With multiple series currently in production, we are always looking for exceptional talent to join our winning team!
We are currently looking for a 3D Modeling Supervisor. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of Modeling artists, ensuring that the Art Director and Director’s vision is achieved through efficient supervision.
What will you be doing:
The Modeling Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that standard and quality of work produced within the Modeling craft is consistently high to achieve the director’s vision and brief. This is to be achieved whilst working in collaboration with relevant technical, creative and production staff, and within the constraints of the production budget and schedule as directed by the company.
- Balance aesthetic standards and technical requirements to ensure creation of quality models
- Excellent visual skills and attention to detail
- Uphold the art direction defined by the Art Director
- Interpret and implement notes and feedback from directors and supervisors in a timely and qualitative manner
- Work and communicate with rigging team to ensure assets are built to achieve the intended animation performance requirements
- Work and communicate with the surfacing team to ensure assets are built to achieve the intended visual
- Work within the time and budgetary parameters of the project, and with the art director and CG supervisors to deliver high quality TV series and feature animation
- Assist with mentoring and supervising modelers
- Delegate work responsibly to ensure successful completion of shots across team members of all skill levels
- Ensure team is meeting production deadlines and maintain regular communication with the production team
- Participate in dailies and give insight on optimization and bid times
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
Excellent communication and collaborative skills
What you bring with you:
- 5+ years of experience in animation or film industry
- 2+ years’ in a supervisory role within feature animation or VFX preferred; extensive leadership experience may be considered
- Excellent knowledge in Maya, Zbrush and Marvelous Designer
- Experience in Mudbox is a benefit
- Knowledge of various renderers like Vray or Renderman is an asset
- Bachelors degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
What we want to see in your application:
Tell us why YOU are the person for the position and how you meet the position's criteria. Forward us your current resume and samples of your work (eg. a link to your website or reel don't hesitate to show off a little!).
Candidates applying from outside of British Columbia must be willing and able to relocate to British Columbia, Canada (either working in-studio or remote in BC). Bardel's talent mobility program offers support to candidates in obtaining proper work authorization and residency. Note, employment prior to relocation begins as independent contracts.