Bardel is currently looking for a Pipeline TD to work collaboratively with our Emmy award winning studio team. Working closely with all Technology teams, this role is responsible for the successful creation of the company’s pipeline software tools, supporting Production in making technical decisions and general technical support throughout the production process.
What you will be doing:
- Integrating tools with existing in-house tools and code base
- Creating documentation and tutorials for tools and integrations
- Manage first level ticketing for efficient bug/troubleshooting resolution
- Customizing existing scripted tools to suit the needs of the studio, projects, and artists
- Working with artists, leads, and supervisors to implement solutions for production workflows
- Collaborating with the Pipeline Developers and TDs to map out and optimize workflows and tool integration
- Developing tools in collaboration with the pipeline developers and studio coding standards
- Research and recommend improvements to workflows to improve productivity or communication
- Keep up to speed on current technology trends and tools both hardware and software
- Provide weekly updates on Pipeline development status, and notifies stakeholders of any upcoming production risks
What you bring with you:
- 1-2 years proven Python experience
- Experience in VFX or Animation
- Knowledge of DCC Applications (Maya, Katana, Nuke) is an asset
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in developing libraries is an asset
- Experience with at least one of the source control systems (Github, Bitbucket, etc)
- Knowledge of up-to-date Production Technology/IT methods, practices, and trends
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Degree or Relevant post-secondary education is an asset
Why work at Bardel?
We've got great people here, and for good reasons. Bardel offers a generous benefit package, regular social events and ongoing development opportunities for employees to advance their careers through work on prominent and exciting industry projects. You will collaborate with other influential, career-minded creative professionals from around the world, and have the opportunity to grow in your career.
How to apply:
Please apply below in this form or visit our Job Portal to apply.
We thank all applicants who express an interest in being part of the Bardel team. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions received, we will only be in touch with those that are a compelling match for one of our current openings.
*All candidates must be BC residents and entitled to work in Canada. Those candidates applying outside of the province, must be willing to relocate to BC