WooCommerce is a leading commerce solution for millions of merchants, powering over 28% of global e-commerce sites, while facilitating 10’s of billions of dollars worth of online transactions annually. We enable businesses to succeed, while providing shoppers with a seamless and enjoyable experience. The Finance team is looking for a Director of FP&A to support new sales and marketing organizations, and help build the future of online commerce with our team located across the globe.
This role has responsibility for working directly with Woo’s new CRO and CMO as we look to build these functions from the ground up. They will have an opportunity to create a material impact on the future growth trajectory of WooCommerce as they closely partner with sales and marketing leaders, and create and implement strategies that accelerate customer adoption and retention.
Cultural fit is critically important and includes trust, professionalism, collaboration, and a bias for action. The ideal candidate is an experienced and analytical professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment while managing competing priorities. Strong work ethic, passion for his/her work, and the ability to adjust and adapt in an ambiguous environment is a must.
WooCommerce is a completely distributed company, meaning that we do not have a corporate headquarters and our team members can work from anywhere. We value a healthy work-life balance, and believe that you should have the flexibility to choose where you live.
Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee the creation of reporting packages to provide WooCommerce leadership with timely and informative results, and provide guidance on actionable recommendations.
- Ownership of the annual budget and 18-month rolling forecast of the P/L, B/S and CF.
- Development of sales and marketing KPIs, and perform ad hoc analytical and decision making support on pricing, LTV, and CAC.
- Build business cases that advise business leaders on the impact of incremental investments into the sales and marketing organization.
- Work cross divisionally with finance peers to ensure sales and marketing alignment, and share best practices.
- Coordinate and conduct management reviews on a regular cadence to drive decisions and actions.
- Analyze and extract insights from complex data sets and communicate insights and provide suggestions for action and improvement.
- Serve as a champion for cost management and waste reduction across the company by leading the development, monitoring, and reporting of key operational metrics and driving processes to improve productivity and efficiency across business functions.
- Conduct proactive industry and product research to support strategic decisions and analysis.
- 8+ years of experience working in corporate or business-unit financial operations with demonstrated success in a high-growth, constantly evolving environment.
- Experience supporting sales and marketing is a must.
- Online payments experience across multiple countries, specifically those in North America and Europe, is a plus.
- Ability to recommend, influence, develop, and implement programs that improve competitive positioning and profitability.
- Experience in e-commerce/Software/SaaS required, and an understanding of how to forecast and monitor different types of revenue and costs.
- Strong business and operational orientation, and proven track record of close partnership with the senior leaders.
- Experience creating business cases that guide strategic investments.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button to apply.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1800 Automatticians in 90+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.