Amplitude is a leading digital analytics platform that helps companies unlock the power of their products. Almost 2,000 customers, including Atlassian, Jersey Mike’s, NBCUniversal, Shopify, and Under Armour, rely on Amplitude to gain self-service visibility into the entire customer journey. Amplitude guides companies every step of the way as they capture data they can trust, uncover clear insights about customer behavior, and take faster action. When teams understand how people are using their products, they can deliver better product experiences that drive growth. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude also believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, improves the ability to solve complex problems, and drives more powerful solutions. We strive to create an environment of inclusion--one focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection,--that will allow employees of all backgrounds to thrive.
About the Role & Team
What You'll Do
- GTM Planning - act as the connective tissue between all GTM teams to create aligned quota, capacity, headcount and demand gen plans that effectively tie execution to company strategy.
- Insights & Reporting - create executive reporting and insights to help the team manage performance against plan and proactively raise any potential issues
- Process & systems - partner across cross-functional teams to drive key systems/process improvements that improve the accuracy and reliability of our planning and reporting.
- Communication - create communication plans to ensure that team members at all levels understand key schedules, delivery dates and ongoing performance against plans
Things you love
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to align execution to strategy
- Understanding the inner workings of the business and connecting the cross-functional dots to drive pivotal initiatives
- Identifying where things are broken and taking the initiative to drive improvements
- Diving into sophisticated datasets and gleaning insights to provide strategic recommendations
- Passion to go above and beyond to solve advanced problems and build scalable processes
- Working closely with leadership teams to keep a pulse on the business and identify areas for course correction as needed
- 5-7 years of experience in sales strategy, sales operations, business analyst, business operations or financial analyst roles
- 3-5 years of experience with headcount and capacity planning/modeling
- Ability to partner with executives and stakeholders cross-functionally
- Proficient in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel (e.g. should know commonly-used functions such as INDEX(MATCH), VLOOKUP, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, Pivot Tables)
- Knowledge/experience with Salesforce.com, and other sales efficiency and forecasting tools
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter mentality with a high degree of follow-through; can own and take tasks through to completion
- Additional experience working at a high-growth startup or tech company
- Exposure to sales compensation strategy and data
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we're tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a generous parental leave, a subscription to Modern Health, and a generous Learning & Development stipend.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital analytics platform – we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and ultimately grow their business. We're super proud of what we've built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- G2: #1 product analytics solution and #3 best software product
- Business Insider: A top tech company to bet your career on
- Fast Company: #3 most innovative enterprise company in the world
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Vancouver, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Singapore, and employees around the world.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
This role is eligible for equity, benefits and other forms of compensation.
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Colorado. Colorado range: $116,000 - $174,000 OTE salary (inclusive of bonus).
Based on legislation in New York City, the following details are for individuals will work for Amplitude in New York City. New York City salary range: $129,000 - $193,000 OTE salary (inclusive of bonus).
Based on legislation in California, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in San Francisco Bay Area of California. Salary range: $129,000 - $193,000 OTE salary (inclusive of bonus).
Based on legislation in California, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in California outside of the San Francisco Bay Area. California salary range: $116,000 - $174,000 OTE salary (inclusive of bonus).
Based on legislation in Washington state, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Washington state. Washington salary range: $116,000 - $174,000 OTE salary (inclusive of bonus).
Based on legislation in Washington state, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Washington only: unlimited PTO, 10 to 13 holidays annually (will vary), medical dental and vision PPO and CDHP plans. Finally, a company sponsored 401(k) retirement plan.