Amplitude is a leading digital analytics platform that helps companies unlock the power of their products. Almost 2,000 customers, including Atlassian, Jersey Mike’s, NBCUniversal, Shopify, and Under Armour, rely on Amplitude to gain self-service visibility into the entire customer journey. Amplitude guides companies every step of the way as they capture data they can trust, uncover clear insights about customer behavior, and take faster action. When teams understand how people are using their products, they can deliver better product experiences that drive growth. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude also believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, improves the ability to solve complex problems, and drives more powerful solutions. We strive to create an environment of inclusion--one focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection,--that will allow employees of all backgrounds to thrive.
About The Role & Team
We're building an iconic company that will transform the digital analytics market, and we're looking for someone to take our social media strategy to the next level.
As the social media manager, you will own and lead our strategy, vision, and execution across Amplitude’s social channels. This includes the creation of innovative content and campaigns, the amplification of existing Amplitude news and storytelling efforts, and the engagement with our followers, influencers, and target audiences. You will bring social-first thinking to all our external narrative moments.
As a key member of the Communications team, you will have ideally been part of an in-house team driving social media strategy and execution for other rapidly growing technology brands. We want someone who will bring bold ideas, a proactive position, and a positive attitude to Amplitude’s social media activity.
This hybrid role would ideally be based in the Bay Area, or a location that affords easy access to Amplitude’s San Francisco HQ on a regular basis.
As the Social Media Manager you will:
- Revamp our social media strategy to improve brand awareness and engagement.
- Lead social activations for our earned and owned communications efforts, our brand marketing campaigns, and our customer storytelling program.
- Support and uplevel the social media activity for several of our key executives, positioning them as thought leaders in the digital analytics space.
- Expand and manage our influencer relations program.
- Partner with the corporate, product, and revenue marketing teams to ensure we have a social strategy that delivers consistent, relevant, and results-driven social content.
- Work with our PR, brand, and marketing agency partners in the US and around the world to support social executions for all campaigns and activities.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- 5+ years experience driving social media strategy and execution for technology brands.
- Strong creative writing and positioning skills, with knowledge and experience in editorial planning.
- Good understanding of the interplay between earned, owned, and shared media and how to ensure social drives brand awareness.
- Experience working with internal and external stakeholders (including agencies) to create and deliver high-quality social media content.
- A deep understanding of how to capture an executive's authentic voice and perspective on social media
- Managed successful influencer relations programs, ideally in the B2B tech space.
- A clear POV on how to measure, analyze, and report on social media data.
- Solid understanding of how paid and organic content and strategies work together.
- Experience with design and video production to create multimedia assets for social channels
Who We Are
The company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
The product: Amplitude is a digital analytics platform—we help companies capture data they can trust, uncover clear insights about customer behavior, and take faster action. This empowers teams to build better product experiences that drive business growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
We care about the well-being of our team: We offer competitive pay and benefits packages that reflect our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our Ampliteers.
Some of our benefit programs include:
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision insurance coverage, with 100% employer-paid premiums for employee Medical, Dental, Vision on select plans
- Flexible time off, paid holidays, and more
- Generous stipends to spend on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness (monthly), learning and development (annual), commuter transit/parking (monthly), home office equipment (annual), and much more
- Excellent Parental benefits including: 12-20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave, Carrot Fertility Benefits/Adoption/Surrogacy support, Back-up Child Care support
- Mental health and wellness benefits including no cost employee access to Modern Health coaching & therapy Sessions and high quality physician office experience via One Medical membership (select U.S. locations only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- G2: #1 product analytics solution and #3 best software product according to the 2022 G2 Best Software report.
- Business Insider: A top tech company to bet your career on.
- Fast Company: #3 most innovative enterprise company in the world.
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Vancouver, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Singapore, and employees around the world.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
This role is eligible for equity, benefits and other forms of compensation.
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Colorado. Colorado range: $104,000 - $156,000 base salary inclusive of commission.
Based on legislation in New York City, the following details are for individuals will work for Amplitude in New York City. New York City salary range: $115,000 - $173,000 base salary inclusive of commission.
Based on legislation in California, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in San Francisco Bay Area of California. Salary range: $115,000 - $173,000 base salary inclusive of commission.
Based on legislation in California, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in California outside of the San Francisco Bay Area. California salary range: $115,000 - $173,000 base salary inclusive of commission.
Based on legislation in Washington state, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Washington state. Washington salary range: $104,000 - $156,000 base salary inclusive of commission.
Based on legislation in Washington state, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Washington only: unlimited PTO, 10 to 13 holidays annually (will vary), medical dental and vision PPO and CDHP plans. Finally, a company sponsored 401(k) retirement plan.