About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
We are looking for a Bookings, Billings, & Revenue FP&A Manager to lead our top line forecasting and reporting process. This is a critical and highly visible role within FP&A where you will be responsible for helping report, shape and guide the Company’s key growth metrics. As part of the GTM FP&A team, you will be the key bridge between our Corporate FP&A team and the Sales organization. You will be a good fit if you have experience working enterprise SaaS metrics and have strong attention to detail. The position will report to the Director of GTM FP&A.
As the Bookings, Billings & Revenue FP&A Manager, you will:
- Be the strategic liaison with the Sales organization in understanding the team’s bookings forecast and how that influences the Company’s billings, revenue and cash forecast.
- Collaborate with leaders in our GTM organizations and provide counsel on strategic financial matters that focus on balancing growth imperatives with expense controls to efficiently scale the company.
- Partake in annual operating plans (incl. incentive compensation planning and pipeline coverage), quarterly and monthly financial forecasts, and ongoing analysis of performance, including ARR and bookings reconciliation, to highlight trends, opportunities, and causes of unexpected variances.
- Prepare reporting for leadership and author clear narratives that describe business strategy and performance and any future business risk
- Support the reporting for incentive compensation in collaboration with the revenue operations and accounting teams.
- Work closely with sales and marketing on the assumptions driving our demand generation and overall sales pipeline
- Bring best practices to develop, implement, and manage policies and processes that scale our financial operations
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, business, economics, or other relevant field
- 4+ years of finance or related experience
- Excellent proficiency with accounting and corporate finance
- Rigorous and detailed orientated with the highest regard for accuracy and completeness
To stand out:
- B2B SaaS experience
- Revenue recognition and ASC 606 experience
- Experience working in a high-growth, rapidly scaling environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to build successful relationships and partner at all levels.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We recently raised our Series F funding ($150M) led by Sequoia Capital, and crossed into the 4 x Unicorn status with a valuation of $4BN.
- More than 1,200 customers, including 26 of the Fortune 100.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.