About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to be the operating system for digital business. At its core, Amplitude provides a new window into digital customer behavior that helps businesses answer the question: “Where do we place our digital bets to maximize growth?” We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership of our contributions, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
We’re an all-remote, closely knit team of full-stack engineers building a new way for software teams to capture high quality product analytics. Designing best-in-class developer experiences is core to our mission and we’re looking for someone to lead the charge with our most popular SDKs , code generation tools, and static code analyzers. If you’re passionate about building software that wows other developers and changes the way they think about analytics, please reach out, we would love to chat!
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on Developer Experience, you will:
- Lead the design and development of best-in-class analytics SDKs for a variety of platforms (iOS, Android, Go, PHP, and others).
- Evaluate and implement the best API and developer experience for analytics tracking on each platform.
- As one of the team’s polyglots, write and test code in multiple programming languages, often on the same day.
- Integrate with 3rd party SDKs and HTTP APIs to expand the number of supported analytics destinations.
- Manage each SDK’s open source project, release cycle, and its GitHub community.
- Implement code generation services and AST-based linters for each SDK.
- Provide technical customer support to engineers deploying our analytics SDKs in their applications.
- Write developer documentation published in READMEs and our technical docs site.
- Extend CI/CD to automate the build process, testing, and deployment of SDKs to their respective package managers.
You'll be a great addition to the team if you:
- Design code libraries with elegant APIs used broadly within an organization or externally in an open source environment.
- Relentlessly debug difficult-to-reproduce problems in foreign environments your code may be running in.
- Prioritize and incorporate customer feedback back into the product.
- Communicate thoughts, opinions, and feelings to teammates and customers concisely and actionably.
- Operate independently within a remote team with a heavy emphasis on written communication and transparency.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options. And when our offices are open, we offer delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, and commuting benefits.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Amplitude powers digital upstarts like Calm and Peloton and technology leaders like Microsoft and Paypal, but also 100+ year old companies like Ford, as they rethink their digital revenue strategy.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech startup to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude had a record year of growth in 2020 and grew employee headcount by 24%.
- Amplitude is one of the best software products on the market according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- More than 20% of the Fortune 100 are customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Calm, Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, PayPal and Peloton.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.