About The Role & Team
If you are someone who is passionate about data, solving customer pain, democratizing product analytics and experimentation by providing it to the masses, working in a fast -paced environment and constantly innovating and learning as well as mentoring and growing our amazing managers and team members, we would love to talk to you.
We are looking for an experienced leader to lead and expand our engineering team focusing on experimentation products that will allow customers to define, execute and evaluate their product experiments and bet. You will report directly to the Senior VP of Engineering and work cross-functionally closely with leaders within engineering, product, go-to-market teams, and finance as well as our customers to understand the needs and identify areas that we can add more value to our customers. You will be expected to develop a cohesive Vision and Strategy for the team that will evolve over time.
- Be a mentor for the first line managers in your team and help them grow.
- Hire and mentor engineers including backend, frontend, SDK and full stack developers.
- Work cross functionally with several teams including engineering, product and go-to-market
- Define the vision, strategy and roadmap of the team, and lead the team on delivering the vision
- Set up the right processes to deliver our roadmap, scale our team and maintain our culture
Skills and Experiences:
- Prior experience working in a fast-growing organization, and enjoy leading an evolving team
- Prior hands-on experience as a leader of a team delivering customer facing products.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities and strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to grow, develop, and retain top talent.
- Deep understanding of development processes and methodologies.
- Belief that great engineering management starts with building trust and empathy, and ultimately succeeds by being able to challenge the team to grow and excel.
- Demonstrated experience in working with several organizations and aligning goals, strategy and objectives.
- Successful track record as an exceptional communicator and comfortable in presenting to both business and technical executives.
- At least 4 years of leadership experience in technology organizations.
- BS Computer Science or similar fields
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10-year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, GIC, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- 25+ of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, the ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.