About The Role & Team
Amplitude is hiring a VP of Design to scale the product, growth and marketing design organization. This team serves a vital role in the company by partnering closely with leaders in marketing, product management, engineering and others to craft delightful customer experiences and create a vision for the future. This position requires a design leader comfortable with complex domains, who is able to lead big-bet initiatives while staying attentive to the details.
As a VP Design, you will:
- Lead Amplitude’s product, growth and marketing design organization- managing, mentoring and growing an existing team of 10+ design professionals
- Be a member of the Product Development and Marketing leadership teams, partner closely with those leaders to drive business initiatives forward
- Define, direct and influence strategic vision for the Amplitude product, bringing together multiple product areas into a holistic experience
- Play a key role in customer, prospect and partner interactions, and be a strong voice for Amplitude in the broader product community
- Coach team members across the organization in understanding how to balance business goals, speed, quality and impact
- Create broad visibility into learnings and impact; develop organization-wide understanding of and enthusiasm for the strategic impact your team delivers to the company
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Experience with aligning a design org around our core values of humility, ownership and growth mindset. You recognize that ideas come from all areas and empower people to strive for inspiration and innovation
- Been responsible for driving long term design vision and strategy with demonstrated deep domain expertise
- Managed a growing design team in a rapidly scaling company, with examples of hiring and coaching people across multiple levels and skillsets
- Exhibited relentless customer focus, and enjoy being a spokesperson for customers and prospects. You inspire others through customer stories, and love being in the field with sales and customer success
- Overseen marketing and creative design efforts including ads, brand campaigns, videos
- Operate well in the unknown, and enjoy crafting strategy and vision for a quickly changing industry
- Employ a facilitative leadership style to lead the team to better solutions, stronger team performance, and a healthy culture of collaboration
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.\
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.