At Amplitude, we’re building analytics that helps our customers use data to build better products and drive growth. We’re already the analytics platform of choice for many top product teams around the world including Microsoft, Square, Twitter, and Hubspot. Our team is defining the future of how companies interact with data to build better products.
If you are someone who is passionate about frontend engineering (i.e., product engineering), have a high sense of ownership, and love to have impact by managing a small team while continuing to make individual impact, we would love to talk to you. The team you will manage is a growing team of world class engineers focused on Amplitude’s core data management product. Your team is an essential part of Amplitude’s core product experience, as an analytics platform is only effective with high quality data. This team builds features that help end users get the right data into Amplitude and maintain data quality over time. The team is small and fast moving, and you will be expected to develop a cohesive vision and strategy for the team that will evolve over time. You’ll lead the team in finding solutions to difficult and complex problems in taxonomy management. You will also become intimately familiar with the evolving landscape of frontend development. The platform you’ll build is what end users of Amplitude see and use every day for managing their data.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Lead and support the data management product engineering team, helping to take product ideas from ideation to implementation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product and design teams to build a cohesive strategy for our data management platform.
- Earn the trust of your team, and challenge them to grow.
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on technical implementation, engineering best practices, and career development.
- Work with other leaders in product engineering to leverage and improve our design system and overall frontend architecture.
- Know when to lead from the front, and when to step back and let others take the reins.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Believe that great engineering management starts with building trust and empathy, and ultimately succeeds by being able to challenge your team grow and excel.
- Believe it’s important for engineering managers to stay close to technical problems and continue to contribute independently, as time allows.
- Have worked in an engineering management or technical leadership role before. Experience mentoring and coaching engineers at all levels.
- Come from a strong technical background and have delivered high quality work in a senior engineering position.
- Are able to seek out world class engineers, and successfully recruit them to join your cause.
- Like to work closely with customers to build features and solve problems together.
- Consistently make culture choices that positively impact the broader engineering team.
- Have a good understanding of current and emerging trends in web application development.
- Operate well in the unknown, and enjoy crafting strategy and vision for an evolving team.
- Believe that strong alignment around vision leads to a better product and better outcomes.
- Enjoy working with a world class engineering team, and being given the opportunity to learn and grow.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.