As Head of People Operations you will own the processes and HR tech stack that enables Amplitude to be an amazing place to work. You will have the opportunity to cultivate the employee experience for all current and future Ampliteers.
Reporting to the VP of People, this role will be a key team member of the People Pillars leads, collaborating closely with Recruiting and Learning and Development to determine People initiatives and set strategy.
As the Head of People Ops you will:
- Own compensation: maintenance of framework and process execution of comp changes
- Scale HR processes: onboarding, offboarding, contractor review, employee status changes, etc.
- Manage HRIS administration and vendor management
- Oversee international employment (EMEA & APAC)
- Field employee questions
- Build scalable solutions within the People Ops team and cross functionally
- Compliance reporting and audits (SOC2, EEOC, SOX, etc)
- Supporting career development and growth of the people resources team
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Previous experience in ~500 EE company to help team see around corners
- Strong knowledge of HR laws and policy
- Love of process improvement
- Attention to detail and precision
- Desire to be part of a team
- Dual coaching and mentorship approach to management and awareness of when to wear each hat
- Customer-centric HR philosophy
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Our extraordinary founders were accepted into Y Combinator back in 2012– since then, we’ve opened offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, & Paris
- Our Leadership Team is 43% women– well above the Silicon Valley average
- Our fearless mascot is the datamonster, our fearless leader is CEO & co-founder Spenser Skates
- In December 2018, we raised $80 million in Series D venture funding led by Sequoia Capital at a valuation of $850 million
- We’re backed by incredible partners: Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator
- Over 26,000 companies from 180+ countries use Amplitude– we track over 7 trillion user actions every year!
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.