About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s Sales Development team starts conversations with the people who become our customers. We have built a high-performing team with a track record of collaborating to achieve ambitious goals. Now we’re seeking a leader to grow a second team in our San Francisco office!
As Sales Development Manager, you will:
- Build the right set of foundational pieces that allows the team to consistently reach peak performance while leading the strategy and coverage plan for the Corporate segment.
- Manage a team of SDRs that is key to meeting company revenue goals
- Hire, train, mentor, coach, and promote the next generation of Amplitude leaders
- Oversee a multi-channel, inbound/outbound prospecting program including messaging, tactics, systems, measurement, experimentation, and optimization
- Be goal-oriented, and highly proactive about coming up with creative ways for us to hit our sales development targets
- Help us achieve our growth goals while engaging our future customers with empathy and respect
- Align and collaborate with marketing and sales leadership to meet revenue and pipeline goals, diagnose opportunities and pain-points, and accurately measure progress
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Experience with innovative marketing, sales development, and sales at a high-growth enterprise B2B SaaS company
- A robust network for sourcing candidates to grow the team: Always be hiring!
- Experience managing both inbound and outbound sales development teams
- Ability to communicate effectively with your peers and stakeholders
- Exposure to and passion for some or all of the following:
- Product management/building digital products
- Using behavioral analytics to better understand customers
- Iterative processes (experimentation, testing, always-on marketing)
- A track record of lifting up the people around you
- Bonus: Previous experience in a role carrying sales quota
At minimum, you should have:
- Two years of experience as a top-performing SDR or AE at a fast-growth SaaS B2B startup
- Two years of experience managing teams with both inbound and outbound sales development motions
- BA or BS from an accredited university preferred
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.